*** VR Deals Thread ***

Soldato
Cheers Mate :) Turning off the crosshair was the first thing I done. And a short time later I enabled the walk and jump. Teleporting around was a no go.

don't know if you have tried Skyrim VR yet? But, in that game I feel like I am in Skyrim. Combat is way better because it's more real. Whereas in Borderlands 2 VR, it's like I am watching the game. It's a weird disconnect between you and the world. Because of this combat is terrible. There isn't any sense of urgency. Bullymongs jumping at me should be scary or at least cause some panic, but no nothing. When you melee there is no sense of hitting anything, same with shooting.

I just did the first few missions, so maybe It will take a little longer for me to get into it.

No, not tried Skyrim VR yet. I did see some quite poor reviews about the quality of the port to VR. Has it been fixed, do mods sort it out or is it not as bad as some claimed?

And if it's worth getting, then where from that's legit? £40 from Steam seems a bit of a joke considering that I already own the non VR version on that platform. A quick Google spat out £10 from a site I don't think I've come across before: https://www.eneba.com/steam-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-steam-key-global

Soldato
No, not tried Skyrim VR yet. I did see some quite poor reviews about the quality of the port to VR. Has it been fixed, do mods sort it out or is it not as bad as some claimed?

And if it's worth getting, then where from that's legit? £40 from Steam seems a bit of a joke considering that I already own the non VR version on that platform. A quick Google spat out £10 from a site I don't think I've come across before: https://www.eneba.com/steam-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-vr-steam-key-global

Skyrim VR with no mods is very basic and I thought it was bad until Bethesda said "bad VR port? Hold my Beer!!!!" and came up with Borderlands 2 VR :p

But, with Mods it's fantastic. I didn't think I had played it that much, but, I have over 150 hours played since I modded it. But, there are so many mods for it, that you make the game into nearly exactly what you want.

I had resisted for ages modding, didn't think it would make that much difference. I was wrong.

I never heard of that site. So I wouldn't chance it myself. It's £13 in CD Keys, and it's well worth it at that price IMO.

Soldato

On release it lacked a lot of proper VR features. Now the Skyrim mods Higgs VR and VRIK make Skyrim into a proper VR game, with full body presence, body holsters, IK arms, hand gestures, the ability to properly pick up and handle objects, and gravity glove style grabbing at a distance. There's also Dragonborn Speaks naturally which allows you to speak dialogue lines to respond in conversations and to use voice recognition to select weapons, open menus, etc.
Then on top of that you can add hundreds of mods to improve just about everything in the game, but those core VR mods are what turns it into a real VR game that feels like it was designed for VR.

Soldato
Lots of people clearly grabbed star trek recently, looking like we've got a spare spot for our game tonight, anyoneable to join? It'll only be my second only game and no one has a lot of experience so don't worry about being new!

Soldato
Big sale at oculus right now.

Which should i get, in death unchained or until you fall? Main differences similarities etc?

Also going to get thrill of the fight and robo recall unplugged.

Back
Top Bottom