Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Caporegime
OP
Swanned in this thread with a lot to say about the franchise.... and I’d already said it many months ago. Huh!

I guess they are going with the ‘throw nostalgia at people’ route with the mini-staypuffs... not my bag personally, I would rather something different but it’s probably (hopefully) only a fleeting part of the film.

You could say nostalgia but the movie seems to be taking some cues from the 2009 game which a lot of people consider the true third movie (before this was announced at least), that also had Gozer in it. The trailer throws out some Gozer elements with the shandor mine and the terror dogs so it seems fitting that stay puft should also be in there somewhere as that was Gozers last avatar on earth (supposedly can only appear as that avatar once its been chosen). I would imagine somewhere along the line the mini pufts combine to make the larger Stay Puft.

It's up in the air if Gozer is the bad guy or it's something else that's a bigger threat with Gozer being relegated to minion status.

Soldato
I got a very GB vibe from the music and the quietness of the supermarket with random stuff moving, but then it took a bigger nose dive than the vomit comet. What the hell is that animated crap. 0/10

Caporegime
OP
Unless this has been filmed recently just as a pure advert/trailer and isn't part of the final film?

I think it is a part of the movie, the mini pufts were known about for a while with a few leaks months back. There's also a cereal with them as characters on it, with the movie being pushed back because of covid some things got released anyway like the spengler wand and a few other odds and ends.

Soldato
Watched the new mini Staypuft teaser, I felt like we were just seconds away from falling into a Sausage Party type parody.

Shame as the initial teaser had me interested iirc.

Soldato
I hope the film really isnt about kids pretending to be ghostbusters like the vids seem to show, its gotta be proper blokes like the original thats into science. That ant man bloke is in it already puts me off as well. That egon looking kid puts me right off too. Looks like he is from some kiddy disney show with that haircut.

Soldato
Always resisted the temptation to watch the 2016 version. Going by the comments it was the right thing to do!

Just don't do it. It's an absolute abortion.

Swanned in this thread with a lot to say about the franchise.... and I’d already said it many months ago. Huh!

I guess they are going with the ‘throw nostalgia at people’ route with the mini-staypuffs... not my bag personally, I would rather something different but it’s probably (hopefully) only a fleeting part of the film.

Everything I'm seeing in the trailers points towards the return of Ghozer. Ghozer was seen on earth twice, once in the 1984 film and again in the 1991 video game.

Soldato

It's not nostalgia as such. It's a sequel to the originals. So of course it will have throw backs and references.
I hope the film really isnt about kids pretending to be ghostbusters like the vids seem to show, its gotta be proper blokes like the original thats into science. That ant man bloke is in it already puts me off as well. That egon looking kid puts me right off too. Looks like he is from some kiddy disney show with that haircut.
You are right. It's not about kids pretending to be Ghostbusters. The kids actually are Busting ghosts.

Anyone can be a buster. Not just 'blokes' as you put it.

Just don't watch it then. If you loved the originals as well as the original cartoons and the Steamger Things show; then you will likely enjoy this. If you didn't and you also hate Paul Rudd, then this is NOT the movie for you.

Back
Top Bottom