• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Soldato
'Scalper prices going higher and higher!'

/Etailer.....hold my beer

Indeed. A few e-commerce platforms have lost a lot of credibility in this whole debacle.

Platforms that I had previously presumed had at least an inkling of customer focus have proved me wrong and for me personally I have already adjusted purchases accordingly and will most definitely influence my future purchase decisions.

Associate
I doubt I'm getting my gpu at this point lol. Eagles are basically extinct. They might as well be discontinued. Doubt I'll buy from gigabyte again
should have got the gaming, those cards seem to have more stock than the eagle, plus the gaming is better than the eagle. I think Gigabyte are good I myself got the Gigabyte vision RTX 3080 and it performs exceptionaly well

Associate
Can anyone think of a worse launch of a new product in history? If a governing body doesn’t get involved soon, it won’t just be gpu’s, the bots will be snatching up all the bananas, toilet paper, beans and selling them for some crypto currency.

Associate
Hi All. Sorry for dumb question - how do you find out your queue number? I ordered my PC >2 weeks ago. Is there a way to find out other than directly calling the support?
If you’ve ordered a build then you won’t get queue updates like the pre-orders for cards. If you contact support they should be able to find your queue position but it’s gonna be on a different allocation of parts, build stock isn’t the same stock as what the folks in this thread are waiting on.

Associate
If you’ve ordered a build then you won’t get queue updates like the pre-orders for cards. If you contact support they should be able to find your queue position but it’s gonna be on a different allocation of parts, build stock isn’t the same stock as what the folks in this thread are waiting on.
Is pre-build system easier to get than just ordering the card itself?

Soldato
Just to cheer you up a bit, a mate of mine bought the same card as me (TUF non-OC) on launch day, but from you know who, and he still hasn't got it. Instead, he got an email last week to say that because he was so patient that they'd let him buy one of the other 3080s they have but at the current RRP which is £250-300 more than what he paid. The kicker is that of the options he was given, the TUF was on the list....so they have the stock, they're just seeing who will pay them more before they release them. That is proper scummy behaviour! I gave ocuk a lot of flack but they got me my card months ago!

Associate
I know the word “fraud” gets thrown around a lot, but this seems to fall within the definition of fraud by false representation. From the CPS website (my additions in brackets):
  • made a false representation (your card isn’t in stock, when it is)
  • dishonestly (blatant fibbery)
  • knowing that the representation was or might be untrue or misleading (offering the card supposedly not in stock)
  • with intent to make a gain for himself or another, to cause loss to another or to expose another to risk of loss. (It’s £300 more expensive)

Associate
Just to cheer you up a bit, a mate of mine bought the same card as me (TUF non-OC) on launch day, but from you know who, and he still hasn't got it. Instead, he got an email last week to say that because he was so patient that they'd let him buy one of the other 3080s they have but at the current RRP which is £250-300 more than what he paid. The kicker is that of the options he was given, the TUF was on the list....so they have the stock, they're just seeing who will pay them more before they release them. That is proper scummy behaviour! I gave ocuk a lot of flack but they got me my card months ago!
wish you could give a hint of who it is, just so I can make sure I dont buy anything from them in the future, and so I can deride them publicly! :p

Back
Top Bottom