Possible Hack?

Associate
Hello,

I am asking around various PC forums I've been connected to as something strange has happened on my OSX desktop system and I suspect it might have been some sort of hack.

I was at my desktop today and at around 5:40pm my pc spazzed out for a second as I was typing something into google then anything I typed came out as random symbols as though the default font had changed. I tried moving the mouse and I noticed the normal arrow had turned into a blinking cross and the whole PC was just acting a bit funny. I restarted fairly quickly which resolved the issue.

Later on I was on my phone and noticed that an email had been sent from my iMail (which is connected to Gmail) at pretty much that time. If I didn't have all the emails I send from that account automatically BCC myself I probably would have missed it.

I go to my desktop and see the same email but the date it was sent says it was yesterday while all my other devices show it as today.

The subject was blank and there is no email that its been sent to. The only thing in the message was my accounts office reference which is an HMRC code plus 4 extra number after it.

Can anyone shed any light on this and advise what might of happened or confirm if this actually sounds like some sort of hack??

One thing to add (which might not be related whatsoever) is that only today I set yp a TP Link powerline as was connected to that at the time.

The weird thing is the whole suddenly typing symbols thing has happened before last year but I did not notice any emails being set at that time.

Cheers
Az

Caporegime
I don't have an answer, but have a free thread bump in case someone else does.

The cursor turned into a blinking cross, as in, an X or a + or something else?

Associate
OP
Thanks Acme. It was a blinking + for a few seconds.

K I will look into malware searches, Cheers

Change my password to what though, everything I guess? :(

Back
Top Bottom