*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
what does khan benefit beating kell brook?

Bragging rights. It's a little too late now but I'd rather watch a Washed Khan and washed Brook fight than either of them face a fresh, hungry Benn.

Brook and Khan were the UKs best Welterweights for quite some time, they should've faced years ago but Khan kept making excuses. It's the only fight for either of them that makes sense any more unless they fancy just becoming gatekeepers and names just for young fighters to put on their CV.

Soldato
Just lol if you expected a wrestler who had terrible striking when he moved to MMA to do much in a boxing match.

As opposed to Paul who's opponents include a Basketball player and KSIs brother? You are talking about a fella who went into the octagon with the best of the best and wasn't knocked out yet this guy ko's him with one punch?

It was clearly staged...he was back up and ready to go and the ref just called it.

Soldato
Yep I'm guilty a bit of getting caught up on hype train, can't believe it. That was embarrassing, total con job. Not a fight at all just very good marketing. I doubt think askren trained a day.

You can't believe it?

Is there something wrong with you? I very much can believe it.

Soldato
As opposed to Paul who's opponents include a Basketball player and KSIs brother? You are talking about a fella who went into the octagon with the best of the best and wasn't knocked out yet this guy ko's him with one punch?

It was clearly staged...he was back up and ready to go and the ref just called it.

Just goes to show how poor Askren is when he can't grapple. Also his most famous moment in MMA is literally getting knocked out by a flying knee in the first 5 secs of a fight.

tenor.gif

Soldato
He
Just goes to show how poor Askren is when he can't grapple. Also his most famous moment in MMA is literally getting knocked out by a flying knee in the first 5 secs of a fight.

tenor.gif

Ahh yes losing to Masvidal to a freak knee lmao. Has a professional record of 19 - 2 of which he's gone the distance 7 times vs Jake Paul who before this morning had a perfect record against a youtuber and a bloody basketball player.

The whole thing was an embarrassment to the sport.

Soldato
Didn't see the event live but was watching a watch-along whilst watching the UFC.

The event as a whole seemed just like what it was, a joke. As for the fight itself, surprised Askren couldn't go a bit longer, having seen some replays the stoppage seemed a bit soon but I guess it was inevitable, Askren is not a boxer.

As for this whole youtube vs MMA it's a bit of a laugh really, I don't think anyone with any sort of knowledge of combat sport would now think this Jake Paul is a boxer to be taken seriously, he hasn't fought a legit boxer yet. Until he beats a current decent level pro boxer then it's all just a gimmick. Fair play to the guys making the money though.

Man of Honour
he hasn't fought a legit boxer yet. Until he beats a current decent level pro boxer then it's all just a gimmick. Fair play to the guys making the money though.

Jake has a lot of business smarts. If he does go on to be a boxer (I agree that this only happens when he actually fights another boxer) then he has started his career by padding his record with easy wins and making insane amounts of money for the level of competition.

Don't forget that we have The World's Strongest Man vs The Mountain as the next go around the circus.

Back
Top Bottom