Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
Not a good start in my eyes when their website says 'Goodbye to range anxiety' and you click to learn more and it avoids telling you the range and just gives you information on how range is calculated and how you can extend it. Okay, but what is the range?

It's 292 miles.

It's a Volvo ;)

In the same way a Brabus is a Merc or an Alpina is a BMW I guess. I like them regardless, seem like a decent competitor to the Model 3.

Edit: I guess Citroen/DS or Toyota/Lexus would be more apt.

Soldato
Not a good start in my eyes when their website says 'Goodbye to range anxiety' and you click to learn more and it avoids telling you the range and just gives you information on how range is calculated and how you can extend it. Okay, but what is the range?
Is this it

Electric Range WLTP 469 km

Electric Energy Consumption WLTP 193 Wh/km

Soldato
I have no idea, it's not on the page about range...
LOL at this bit
Charging an electric car takes less effort than refuelling a conventional vehicle. Instead of periodically heading to the petrol station to fill up an almost empty tank, you simply top up the battery whenever the car is parked. On average a vehicle spends more than 90% of its time standing still, so there should be plenty of opportunity to do so.
They make it sound like you can just charge it anywhere you park it, I Think they actually forgot you need a charging point to charge it with :cry: and what you going to do while waiting for it to charge up :confused::confused::confused:
Instead of periodically heading to the petrol station to fill up an almost empty tank, you simply top up the battery whenever the car is parked.
You have to head off to a charging point so what the difference which in my case would be a lot farther away then a fuel garage :confused:

I love to see how they could workout that it would be easier for me to charge one of these things then pop to a garage 2 minutes away and fill my fuel tank
Totally Marketing BS

Last edited:
Soldato
I mean, you have a charging point at home called a plug socket. The average mileage in the UK is about 10,000 per year or 27 miles per day.

The average user would only have to charge it once every ten days.

Soldato
I mean, you have a charging point at home called a plug socket.
I really don't think we be allowed to run electric cables from are home up the pavement/road to a car
To dangerous and a trip hazard

I find it hard enough to just charge the 12volt battery in my car while the battery is still in the car once a blue moon due to the hassle of having an electric cable going across the pavement

Soldato
I mean, you have a charging point at home called a plug socket. The average mileage in the UK is about 10,000 per year or 27 miles per day.

The average user would only have to charge it once every ten days.
Very dangerous use of averages there. Almost nobody spreads their driving evenly across 7 days of the week and the average annual mileage take into account me, with my 1000 miles, and Dave the plumber with his 25,000.

Soldato
I really don't think we be allowed to run electric cables from are home up the pavement/road to a car

To dangerous and a trip hazard

"While there is obvious risk, the Local Government Association told us there is 'no legislation that it is aware of' that would make the inconsiderate placing of a charging cable illegal. "

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...n-run-cable-charge-electric-car-pavement.html

It only affects 1/3rd of households.

If you use public 150kw charging points (my local Asda has 4, for example) it can go from 20-80% in 20 minutes, that's 180 miles of range.

Very dangerous use of averages there. Almost nobody spreads their driving evenly across 7 days of the week and the average annual mileage take into account me, with my 1000 miles, and Dave the plumber with his 25,000.

So you should buy a Polestar 2, Dave the plumber probably shouldn't... it's impractical for a number of reasons.

All this tells me is the average private driver does even less than 10,000 miles a year.

Soldato
"While there is obvious risk, the Local Government Association told us there is 'no legislation that it is aware of' that would make the inconsiderate placing of a charging cable illegal. "

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...n-run-cable-charge-electric-car-pavement.html

It only affects 1/3rd of households.

If you use public 150kw charging points (my local Asda has 4, for example) it can go from 20-80% in 20 minutes, that's 180 miles of range.
Of what i know of all the charging points over here are 7kw (But i maybe wrong)

Think we have 4 public charging points for the whole island

Back
Top Bottom