• iPhone 12

Votes: 39 13.4%
  • iPhone 12 Pro

Votes: 93 31.8%
  • iPhone 12 Pro Max

Votes: 109 37.3%

• Total voters
Soldato
I’ve got a standard 12 and it has possibly the most reliably solid battery life out of any phone I’ve owned. It hasn’t come close to running out over the course of a single day and I’m a fairly heavy user.
Was coming here to write the exact same thing. My 12 is easily a 24 phone and more often than not I’m going 2 days between charges.
I think it’s all the more impressive given the battery is only 2850mah. Bear in mind that’s effectively the same as the Pixel 4 and it’s battery life was genuinely awful.

Soldato
I’d get between 8 and 10 hours SoT on a standard 12. I have 5G disabled and I work from home on Wi-Fi so my phone probably has an easy ride.

Soldato
My 11 Pro definitely lasted longer.

The 11 Pros had larger batteries and I believe they were proven to last longer, but I don't think the difference was night and day. If you're only getting 5.5hrs on the 12 Pro, I'd guess you might receive 6hrs on the 11 Pro or thereabouts for the same usage. If you were getting 10 SoT hours on your 11 Pro (or whatever), there's probably something else happening here.

Mobster
Soldato
The 11 Pros had larger batteries and I believe they were proven to last longer, but I don't think the difference was night and day. If you're only getting 5.5hrs on the 12 Pro, I'd guess you might receive 6hrs on the 11 Pro or thereabouts for the same usage. If you were getting 10 SoT hours on your 11 Pro (or whatever), there's probably something else happening here.

I think 5 hours of SOT is quite short, no?

Man of Honour
Am I right in saying that an iPhone 7 is roughly the same physical size as an iPhone 12 mini, except that the screen on the mini will be bigger as it's more edge to edge compared to the 7?

My mrs has a 7 and I want to get her an upgrade for her birthday. I'm sure she likes the size of the 7 so wouldn't want anything physically bigger.

Soldato
Am I right in saying that an iPhone 7 is roughly the same physical size as an iPhone 12 mini, except that the screen on the mini will be bigger as it's more edge to edge compared to the 7?

My mrs has a 7 and I want to get her an upgrade for her birthday. I'm sure she likes the size of the 7 so wouldn't want anything physically bigger.
Basically, https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/compare/?device1=iphone7&device2=iphone12mini&device3=iphone12 the 12mini is actually a little smaller but yeah does have a bigger screen.

Soldato

The 12 Mini is great - my wife loves hers. And the battery life should be a world better than that on the 7.

Man of Honour
Yeah I think I will get one ordered. Any cheaper price than Apple around? I do get a small discount with them but I know they can often be had with decent discounts elsewhere.

Soldato
Yeah I think I will get one ordered. Any cheaper price than Apple around? I do get a small discount with them but I know they can often be had with decent discounts elsewhere.
Well the 64gb version of the Mini is currently £599 on Amazon so that’s already a £100 saving over direct from Apple. Amazon also allowing the 5 monthly instalments (for me anyway) which always helps.
You could always try an open box return from one of the eBay companies if you so desired.

Man of Honour
Well the 64gb version of the Mini is currently £599 on Amazon so that’s already a £100 saving over direct from Apple. Amazon also allowing the 5 monthly instalments (for me anyway) which always helps.
You could always try an open box return from one of the eBay companies if you so desired.
Cheers, her birthday isn't until the end of the month so I'll continue looking around seeing as they seem to be in stock in most places.

Soldato
I'd say £599 is a competitive price, so I probably wouldn't hang around in the hope of saving another few quid. £599 is the current lowest price they've been on Amazon, except for one single day when the 64gb model was £579.

Man of Honour
Yeah I’ve ordered it. She’s had her 7 for ages so it should be a good investment. We will sell it on Music Magpie as we did with her old iPad. She loves taking pictures mainly on it so it’ll be a massive improvement for sure.

Soldato
Anyone got the apple MagSafe leather case in saddle brown, wondering if combining it with my pacific blue 12 pro would be a bad combination, I was going to get the baltic blue but then I felt that would be a bit all blue, guess its nice to have a slight contrast of colours around where it shows, such as the camera area.

Don
My wife's iPhone6 Plus died last night. Says she doesn't want a new phone but will instead take my XS Max. So, I've ordered a 12 Pro Max for myself. I wasn't planning to upgrade at the moment as the XS Max is still good. Oh well.

Back
Top Bottom