VLC and Windows 10

Permabanned
Does anyone know of a way to STOP VLC from keeping Windows 10 from going to sleep? I often find that VLC has kept the PC on all night, so I want the PC to switch off after a few hours of inactivity. Problem is that VLC seems to switch off the normal Windows sleep timer.

Also, does anyone know how to force Windows to switch off, ignoring badly behaved software? Even when I use the command shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00 Windows stops and says "application is stopping Windows from closing".

It's like OMG just shut the hell down will you!

Associate
If you open the preferences, bottom left there is a toggle between simple and all. If you click all and then scroll and click on video (towards the bottom), in there i believe unchecking "Disable Screensaver" will help you out. Of course you will need to bump your screensaver time if it's shorter than whatever you watch normally.

Soldato
The original was also forked so it could be maintained with bug fixes and people can contribute changes, I'd still use MPC-BE but thought it worth a mention.

Huh that's nice to know. Looks like this fork also includes the latest LAV Filters built in too so should be easier to jump into, although I do prefer MPC-BE's extra features (thumbnail seekbar preview for example) and well, the dark UI theme.

Associate
Another vote for MPC-BE(with MadVR)here. VLC was the king back in the day! I still don't think it can handle HEVC without stuttering, or maybe it can now.

Back
Top Bottom