THEM (Prime Video)

Man of Honour
Fans of Get Out and Us should be right up the street with this, about to watch episode 1, will update!

I read a few non spoiler comments before adding to watchlist today and it seems it doesn't hold back!

Man of Honour
OP
Ok so onto episode 2 now and have to say it's been gripping so far. Tense moments, scary moment... The IMDB rating is very odd, the latest slew of user reviews at at least 8/10 but drill down to within hours of release and you get the usual nutjob user reviews giving it 5/10 or 2/10 etc. Some even calling it drivel from the "far right" :rolleyes:

The display of racism in this is clearly picking nose hairs with the kind of people we all point fingers and laugh at for being ridiculous.

Acting seems excelelnt from the entire cast, cinmatography is excellent, choice of colour is relevant to each scene much like in Hannibal and the scare factor is certainly there.

Episode 1 alone I would give it a solid 8/10 - A shame a few delicate flowers on imdb are letting their personal views get the better of them.

If episode 2 continues what 1 started then I can see myself binging this all of tomorrow.

Caporegime
I finished watching it all last night.

it was okay but not that good.

one of the white families should have had a dog called a racist word like people used to even in the UK in the 90s

Man of Honour
expected ants :-/

Me too, I remember seeing the movie “Them!” at a cinema in Salisbury Wilts., about giant ants rampaging around New Mexico, eating people, leaving bits of them soaked in formic acid, apparently they were a mutation caused by radiation from the testing of atomic bombs in Alamogordo.
I think that the movie scared me more than “Psycho”, I was a mid twenties truck driver then, and I walked very uneasily back to the b’n’b that I was overnighting at in Salisbury that night.

Soldato
Me too, I remember seeing the movie “Them!” at a cinema in Salisbury Wilts., about giant ants rampaging around New Mexico, eating people, leaving bits of them soaked in formic acid, apparently they were a mutation caused by radiation from the testing of atomic bombs in Alamogordo.
I think that the movie scared me more than “Psycho”, I was a mid twenties truck driver then, and I walked very uneasily back to the b’n’b that I was overnighting at in Salisbury that night.

I always remembered the noise before the ants came and the sound of a squeaking fan belt would instill terror in me as a small child :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=ovKBFSaLtFE

Man of Honour

One of my favourite B movies of all time, I have it on Prime. It was essentially the inspiration for the computer game It Came from the Desert, which itself was made into a movie in 2017

Soldato
there were some cracking b-movie bug films. the classic is Tarantula, the optical effects of the spider are still remarkably good, considering they were done 50 years ago.

Permabanned
I binged the full series in one day and loved it, it got a bit silly if you took it on face value and not seeing what the odd visuals actually meant. eg the street at night and not a single cloud or star in the sky, like the movie Vivarium where it was all fake

I'm surprised this thread hasn't had more replies tbh.

Back
Top Bottom