Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Soldato
The problem suffered by many on here is an hilarious inability to recognise they're so far right, everything looks leftwing to them.

Do continue, you're quoting me so keep going on how that's connected.

Me slagging off The Guardian for sloppy opinionated writing on the level of The Daily Mail is where we started.

Soldato
The problem suffered by many on here is an hilarious inability to recognise they're so far right, everything looks leftwing to them.
That issue also runs the other way though. We had certain individuals in this thread recently claiming the Spectator, i.e. Andrew Neil and friends was "far right". All very silly really.

Soldato
Well I watched the last 1h interview posted in this thread, lets give this one a go also.

After all, aren't you a massive douchebag if you argue about a report you don't read and ignore a massive interview with a report commissioner involved in writing it.
Arent you a massive douchebag if you ignore what other experts in these fields have to say?
There I was taking a blind swing at arguing in ignorance and Tony cries out "OW!".

Caporegime
In the context of this particular thread, what would you say the Guardian's "agenda" is?

Or are you just posting in general, based on a personal agenda?
Look at who they give column inches to.

Such as this chap:

Why I’m no longer talking to white people about race | Race | The Guardian

They give column inches to people who:

* believe in "systemic racism"
* believe in "white guilt"
* believe in "atonement for slavery"
* believe in "white privilege"

etc, etc, etc.

Who don't they give column inches to? For the most part, people who don't believe in the above :p

So if you're giving a voice to people with a specific set of views, and not giving a voice to people who don't agree with those views, then by deduction The Guardian can be said to promote the views of the people they give column inches to.

e: More guff (preaching that white people are and always will be the problem...):

White people assume niceness is the answer to racial inequality. It's not | Race | The Guardian

Confronting racism is not about the needs and feelings of white people | Inequality | The Guardian

e2: Most of the Guardian's spurious reasoning amounts to this: "White people are horrible racists because they won't acknowledge that they're horrible racists." Anybody who agrees to play their game is an idiot, and has already accepted his "white guilt". I won't, and never will.

Last edited:
Caporegime
e3: "White men must get used to be being objects of disdain - it's the price they should pay for their white privilege..."

Has the term 'straight white male' really become an insult? | Race | The Guardian

I could go on and on and on. There are dozens, probably hundreds, of Guardian articles promoting "white privilege", demanding "white guilt", demanding white people see themselves as "oppressors", and demanding that "systemic racism" be "solved" by marginalising whites, and promoting the interests of non-white groups.

Indeed, The Guardian has an agenda that I could quite justifiably describe as "white-shaming".

Soldato
Interview with Mercy Muroki one of the commissioners of the report. Not had a chance to listen yet but will over the next couple of days hopefully.

https://youtu.be/AYGfNVtZvzA

As promised, chugging through interview.

Obviously some will not watch or listen to a commissioner discussing the report because :) but 53:06 for the next 5 mins or so guaranteed to ring bells and get people excited in this thread.

Might even get them watching the entire thing.

Caporegime
The BBC is almost as bad. Listening to an interview on right now, where a black commentator just said, all the systems built by the colonial powers - and "the patriarchy" - must be dismantled. Including, she said, the entire "global economic system". That Africans must build their own systems because all the established systems are tools of the colonial powers (and of "the patriarchy").

It's interesting that she thinks everything the European powers set up must be dismantled, because everything Europeans did is a tool of the oppressors. And every black government that doesn't entirely abandon the systems that the colonial powers set up is continuing the oppression. Again, including the entire global economic system, which black countries must remove themselves from.

Best of luck with that one. I wonder what she has in mind to replace the entire global economy? Or why the entire global economy is detrimental to black people? Or even what the heck they can do to "dismantle" the entire global economy? I'm not sure that's guaranteed to end well. But I guess if the economy is racist, it has to go!

Soldato
The man behind Titania McGrath is Andrew Doyle, an author and comedian who used to write Jonathan Pies material. He's actually one of the far more informed and sensible people on the left who is just pushing back against some of the more extreme ideas coming from that side.

Soldato
The man behind Titania McGrath is Andrew Doyle, an author and comedian who used to write Jonathan Pies material. He's actually one of the far more informed and sensible people on the left who is just pushing back against some of the more extreme ideas coming from that side.
The first bit's true. The second's subjective. And the mindless use of his creation to dismiss fact is just weak thinking.

Soldato
As promised, chugging through interview.

Obviously some will not watch or listen to a commissioner discussing the report because :) but 53:06 for the next 5 mins or so guaranteed to ring bells and get people excited in this thread.

Might even get them watching the entire thing.
That's optimistic! Here's hoping anyway.

Just managed to watch/listen to the whole interview anyway. A well put together woman and she's basically saying the same thing that many other black conservatives are, i.e. kids that grow up without fathers face all kinds of negative consequences such as low self esteem, do poorly in schools, more likely to end up in prison or use drugs etc. I mean just look at the overall prison statistics. Something like 80% of young men of ALL groups across the board who end up in prison grew up in a fatherless home. We also know that certain sections of society are more likely to grow up without fathers. This should be something we want to understand but it's too politically charged a subject for people to weigh in on.

Tony Sewell not only understands this but has been actively doing something about it for 15 years.

https://generatinggenius.org.uk/about-us/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom