Race report: 'UK not deliberately rigged against ethnic minorities'

Soldato
I've never heard of the guy but did anyone see this speech?

Really brave of him to bring race into it, it's not like "people like him" have ever won an award before he came along.

Soldato
"U.N. Panel Is Scathing in Its Criticism of a British Report on Race"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/world/europe/britain-race-united-nations-boris-johnson.html

The criticism adds to a backlash against findings by the Johnson government that called Britain a “model for other white-majority countries.

United Nations human rights experts on Monday issued a devastating critique of a report on race published last month by the British government, accusing its authors of repackaging racist tropes, distorting history and normalizing white supremacy.

The British race report was “a tone-deaf attempt at rejecting the lived realities of people of African descent and other ethnic minorities” in Britain, the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent said.

“In 2021, it is stunning to read a report on race and ethnicity that repackages racist tropes and stereotypes into fact, twisting data and misapplying statistics and studies into conclusory findings and ad hominem attacks on people of African descent,” the U.N. panel said in a statement.

It looks like we've managed to make ourselves look dumb and arrogant in front of the rest of the world again.

Man of Honour
"U.N. Panel Is Scathing in Its Criticism of a British Report on Race"

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/world/europe/britain-race-united-nations-boris-johnson.html

The criticism adds to a backlash against findings by the Johnson government that called Britain a “model for other white-majority countries.

United Nations human rights experts on Monday issued a devastating critique of a report on race published last month by the British government, accusing its authors of repackaging racist tropes, distorting history and normalizing white supremacy.

The British race report was “a tone-deaf attempt at rejecting the lived realities of people of African descent and other ethnic minorities” in Britain, the U.N. Working Group of Experts on People of African Descent said.

“In 2021, it is stunning to read a report on race and ethnicity that repackages racist tropes and stereotypes into fact, twisting data and misapplying statistics and studies into conclusory findings and ad hominem attacks on people of African descent,” the U.N. panel said in a statement.

It looks like we've managed to make ourselves look dumb and arrogant in front of the rest of the world again.

So says a group of people whose jobs and power and status depend on pretending that everyone who doesn't accept their simplistic racism as fact is a white supremacist. Who claim that anything other than their own ad hominem attacks are ad hominem attacks. Etc.

Caporegime
I'm not sure anyone really attaches a lot of value to many of the U.N. bodies, to be frank. E.g. the pandemic and their pandering to the Chinese govt.

Not that I'd dismiss everything the various U.N. bodies do (or try to do), but I'm not sure anyone will really give a fig what the U.N. thinks about racism in the UK.

Most of the time they're somewhere between irrelevant or ineffective/toothless. A lot of hot air. Nice gravy train if you can get on it tho!

Soldato
OP
The British report, which was commissioned by Prime Minister Boris Johnson in response to the outpouring of protest that followed the killing of George Floyd by a Minneapolis police officer...
Sounds unbiased.

This country is so racist that after nearly 3 decades the grifters had to get a Stephen Lawrence replacement from the US.

Soldato
Used to be a saying that if the US sneezed we caught a cold.

Are we really importing racial drama and calling it ours because a black American got killed by American police in America :eek:

Soldato
Are we really importing racial drama and calling it ours because a black American got killed by American police in America :eek:

Yes but this is due to the perception altering how you act.

If you are a idiot, and happen to be black in the US, you will be told the police are racist and so forth, in that situation taking risks to avoid the police, or escape, or even get into a gunfight is justified. After all, if you comply, you will go to prison as they will just make up any crime, or maybe just kill you?

And if you are an idiot and happen to be white in the US, maybe you believe in some sort of conspiracy, where the government and police is out to get you, or that they have no authority etc.

And if you hear about all this racism while living in the UK, now the UK police are racist also, and you behave completely differently, which is almost always contrary to how you should behave.

And of course some accounts are real, especially in the past, but the cycle is self perpetuating.

I remember when i was younger every idiot walks around in a track suit with their hood up, walking like they are disabled when they are not. As far as i am concerned, round them up and deport them to the middle of the pacific ocean.

You know what it is, its like those people in the TV license thread who don't fill out the form saying "I don't need one thanks", because they prefer to be harassed constantly by an automated system which will never stop harassing you.

Soldato
It's all very well to rage against the machine but borrowing an American corpse for a banner suggests you don't actually give a **** about British issues but fancy pushing an agenda blindly.

Soldato
It's funny. Arguing with the usual suspects on here about racism is like arguing with American Christians about God.

It really is an article of faith.

Soldato
Soldato
I agree. They believe the thing they have faith in is everywhere. That's part of their faith. And yours.
Ah, more of your, "I know you are, but what am I" debating finesse.

The entertainment comes from seeing which fallacies get used to protect that precarious and fragile worldview. I particularly enjoyed it when you immediately tried to attack the authors, rather than their report and then projected a lot about ad hominem attacks.

Back
Top Bottom