One Plus 9

Soldato
I can only speak from experience but 8 Pro was perfect in terms of speed, stable builds and features. There were regular software updates and the camera was improved considerably along the way. I wouldn't have dropped the best part of £1k if the software experience was sub par.

No other Android OEM has the combination of clean, fast, feature packed and bloat free software.

OnePlus need to offer longer software support no doubt. 3 years major OS updates at the very least on flagships. Customer service? No idea, I buy from Amazon or John Lewis.

Samsungs UI is a catroonish bloat fest, Pixel line lacks many features. MIUI skin is heavy but relatively clean looking. Take your pick.

Associate
Not anymore. Used to be now it's very much as buggy and often as slow as competition.

Up to 7t it was alright, my 8t is buggy and goes into meltdown daily often requiring restarts or just chewing through its battery for no reason. Think it's my last OnePlus. Especially for the price they charge now.

I've had my 8pro for about 8 months and it's been great.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Up to 7t it was alright, my 8t is buggy and goes into meltdown daily often requiring restarts or just chewing through its battery for no reason. Think it's my last OnePlus. Especially for the price they charge now.
What software version are you on?

My 8T is running like a dream, sooo fast, no restarts needed as of yet. Love Android 11 no bugs whatsoever. Getting 6hrs + screen on time every day, and when idle only loses about 1% every 2 hours! Such a great upgrade from my 6T.

Soldato
What software version are you on?

My 8T is running like a dream, sooo fast, no restarts needed as of yet. Love Android 11 no bugs whatsoever. Getting 6hrs + screen on time every day, and when idle only loses about 1% every 2 hours! Such a great upgrade from my 6T.
The latest..

Mine has been flaky since day one. My old 7t is still going strong in my other halfs hands.. would be weird if it was my unit only but possible. Things like Instagram for e.g lag out so bad that the phone freezes :D

Soldato
I have the OP8 Pro, looking at moving to the OP9 Pro or, the Oppo FindX3 Pro, coming from the Pixels previously (up til the P4XL) the camera is pretty poor on the OP8 Pro, but it's generally a decent phone, be a tough decision between that and the Oppo I think! (And potentially the Mii 11 Ultra)

Soldato
I've never used a Oneplus device so interested to hear what extra software things it does that the Pixel doesnt #FOMO :D

Haha, the pixel line is like having a bread and butter sandwich for lunch while the others get chicken salad.

To name but a few...

Screen off gestures, for example draw a V to turn on and off the torch

Shortcuts available when you long press fingerprint sensor, mine is set to Google maps home and work route shortcuts

Scrolling screenshots!

Customisable always on display

An infinitely more customisable stock launcher

Edit which icons show in the status bar, eg get rid of Vo LTE and Change battery icon etc.

Hide the nav gestures bar

More icons in the notification pull down of which are more customisable

Plenty more camera options like 4k120 and macro.

Face unlock vs Pixel 5

And then you have the plethora hardware advances!

Soldato
Getting Warp charging speeds with OPPO's SuperVOOC car charger :cool:

uc

uc

Pulling 42 Watts at around 45% charge. I'll test at lower battery levels to see if that increases. Above 50% charge speed drops to 33w. Happy with that.

Soldato
Another update coming soon.

The OxygenOS 11.2.4.4 update has been spotted for the Indian units of the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro at the moment, but it should be arriving to the OnePlus 9 as well as to device variants to other regions. The complete changelog for the update is as below:

System

Improved charging stability
Improved the sensitivity of the keyboard in the edge area
Improved the temperature control strategy
Fixed the issue that the battery icon in the status bar is abnormally displayed
Fixed the small probability issue that Google Fi SIM card can not accept incoming calls
Fixed known issues and improved system stability
Updated Android security patch to 2021.04
Updated GMS package to 2021.03

Camera

Improved the image purity and the ambiance performance
Improved the white balance consistency of the rear camera
Improved image over-sharpening of the rear camera

And a solid review of the included 65W Warp charger which doubles as a 45W PD and PPS charger!

https://www.androidauthority.com/oneplus-warp-charge-65-power-adapter-review-1217063/

Last edited:
Associate
So far I'm absolutely loving the device. The frosted back on the Arctic blue looks great and feels lovely.

Definitely a step up from my 6t, but with a familiar feel and vibe.

The camera is astounding and getting some awesome pictures of the cats!

70K5ZIy.jpg

IPXD0gz.jpg

Only niggle at the moment is that I can't log in to my OnePlus account in settings, it just grumps and says it won't work. Not too bothered, but it's annoying.

Associate
So far I'm absolutely loving the device. The frosted back on the Arctic blue looks great and feels lovely.

70K5ZIy.jpg

IPXD0gz.jpg

Only niggle at the moment is that I can't log in to my OnePlus account in settings, it just grumps and says it won't work. Not too bothered, but it's annoying.
that's a OnePlus account/phone issue not just the 9 series. its only an issue in the uk i think, it also shows two uk options to select in the area's bit. i haven't tried but i think it will work if you select a different country, but then its incorrect. if you Google you will see it with other models.

Soldato

70K5ZIy.jpg

IPXD0gz.jpg

Pics looking crisp.

I managed to sign into my account a few weeks ago.

Associate
that's a OnePlus account/phone issue not just the 9 series. its only an issue in the uk i think, it also shows two uk options to select in the area's bit. i haven't tried but i think it will work if you select a different country, but then its incorrect. if you Google you will see it with other models.

That's a bit annoying, but yeah have had a look and it seems to have been the same for a while!

Pics looking crisp.

I managed to sign into my account a few weeks ago.

Thanks, particularly pleased with the photos I'm getting of Lucy (the black cat) as she's so difficult to photograph as you get no detail on her (just darkness) :)

Back
Top Bottom