Mass Effect Legendary Edition - May 14th

Caporegime
Mrs recently replayed these on xbox series x (not the remasters) and they all run OK. Mass effect 1 could do with the combat being changed (i think they may have done this) and mako improvements. I would only consider replaying ME2/3 for those reasons.

I don't really think it's worth the £50 on xbox, might as well play the originals that are free on games pass, but that's just me:cry:

I have done exactly the same. To think both 2 and 3 are a decade old. I never once thought. I need better graphics to enjoy this. I think this is a major problem with games in general now. Too much emphasis on graphics rather than gameplay.

Soldato
I'm going to get these as I never finished ME1 or 2 (1 because it became a drag with the Mako sections, 2 because my PS3 died). So I'm incredibly excited! But I can understand why people who have already played them through fully would be less so.

Soldato
I dont get what people expected from this? Its not a remaster, its a touch up so its was only ever going to be visually upgraded and in there defence the trailer shows the upgrades well.

This is probably just being done though to get people back on board with the franchise as andromeda was a total crap fest, so this may bring back some hope/hype for 4

Associate
I dont get what people expected from this? Its not a remaster, its a touch up so its was only ever going to be visually upgraded and in there defence the trailer shows the upgrades well.

This is probably just being done though to get people back on board with the franchise as andromeda was a total crap fest, so this may bring back some hope/hype for 4

Sounds like they have made much more major changes to the first game to smooth out a lot of the rough edges - and across the trilogy they seem to have fixed a number of bugs that were never fixed in the original versions (I'm not aware of ever encountering these bugs, but some do seem to relate to conversation options that do not show when they should).

However, you are right that this is only being done as a good will exercise to get people back in for the next game.

Caporegime
However, you are right that this is only being done as a good will exercise to get people back in for the next game.

I hope they could do the same with the Dragon Age trilogy before the fourth game comes along. The first two games really need some work as well, especially on PC. But I feel it's not as strong a brand as Mass Effect and so it may never happen.

Associate
This is going to be an awesome collection, some great games (ME2.. drool!).

However, as much as I love it, I also love not spending cash on everything, so with that said, I can see this going into EA Play/Game Pass Ultimate within 12 months so will probably hold off on a purchase.

Associate
so many games to still go through I will wait until this is sub £30. played through the originals on PC when they released, cant really remember the story all I remember is that they were good rpgs, shame we dont get nothing like them or dragon age: origins from bioware anymore.

I see the PC version is available for £35 but im liking my physical ps4/ps5 collection now.

Associate
I love Mass Effect (ME2 being one of my most memorable gaming experiences of all time) but for me the pricing is a bit too steep with it not being a full remake (like many were hoping for).

If it launched at £30-£40, I might think differently. But at £60 (or granted £53 if you have Game Pass Ultimate) it's still a bit steep IMO. Plus I can see this being added to EA Play within 12 months, so telling myself to wait and play one of the many games in my backlog until then.

Caporegime
I'm tempted to try out Boomerang again so I can (hopefully) play it soon on PS4 and then by the time it comes out on EA Play next year, I should have a Series X. :p

Caporegime
I didn't even think of that! Good thing I hear that they've adjusted how the war rating is calculated for the Legendary Edition.

All they've done is block the import of N7 characters from the multiplayer. So if you want to max out that Readiness gauge, you're going to have to do every single side mission you can find. :D

Back
Top Bottom