Buckmore Park

Man of Honour
Seems pretty short-sighted of the council not to let them lease out the car park/ paddock; it looks like it basically sits on its own on the "wrong" side of the M2; I'm not exactly sure who was going to get upset about it

Soldato
Great circuit, but the usual thing with Motorsport not being backed in any way shape or form because it's seen as having loads of money due to F1...

Associate
OP
Seems pretty short-sighted of the council not to let them lease out the car park/ paddock; it looks like it basically sits on its own on the "wrong" side of the M2; I'm not exactly sure who was going to get upset about it

It's weird because according to the article, one of the reasons given was that it would prevent it being used as a paddock and therefore they wouldn't be able to hold major events, limiting them to corporate / hire kart stuff. But if the business folds completely then they're not going to be running any kind of event... So yeah, if that's actually how it went down then it's not just short-sighted, it's clinically blind.

Soldato
Its all quite odd because if it folds i can't see the land being used for anything useful as its the awkward side of the motorway and not massively straightforward to get to or from. The transport links are part of the reason why the Leisure Centre/Pool/Scouts stuff that was there next door to it failed too. I mean i wouldn't want to live in a house right next to the M2.(where the track sits) Still, saying that some sort of church bought the old leisure centre to create a mega church so maybe they'll buy the kart track too and create some sort of church themed race track. :D

Soldato
That sounds... interesting.

But yeah, it all just sounds like a big **** up. I can't believe that they managed to let something like this go under.

Hopefully they don't make the same mistake twice as the leisure centre and pool was pretty decent and quite expensive at the time. It was just under sold/advertised. :(

Being local all i see on social media when this story pops up is people moaning that Lewis Hamilton should be saving it.

Soldato
Hopefully they don't make the same mistake twice as the leisure centre and pool was pretty decent and quite expensive at the time. It was just under sold/advertised. :(

Being local all i see on social media when this story pops up is people moaning that Lewis Hamilton should be saving it.
It is where he got his break, and he is very vocal about getting young kids into racing. Although there are plenty of other wealthy drivers and ex drivers who could club together to help the place out.

Soldato
That sounds... interesting.

But yeah, it all just sounds like a big **** up. I can't believe that they managed to let something like this go under.
Not hard during lockdown. Especially if they'd just invested in new carts etc before lockdown hit. I expect once the world opens up again, it will re-open. Perhaps under new ownership.

Back
Top Bottom