*** Mi 11 Thread ***

Soldato
Do your research and make your mind up. All these camera comparisons seems to be from a Snapdragon S21U which has different image processing to the UK Exynos models. I found the Exynos S21U unsatisfactory, it may have improved with SW updates since.

I agree with this on the S21U but also surprised that you seem happy with the OP9, I sent that back at the weekend due to completely over processed grainy garbage it outputs. It looks like some badly done HDR and was worse than my Note 20 Ultra, Hasselblad should be ashamed to have their name anywhere near it.

Hopefully this Mi 11 Ultra might enable me to leave the RX100 at home, we'll see as it will be my next phone.

Soldato
I agree with this on the S21U but also surprised that you seem happy with the OP9, I sent that back at the weekend due to completely over processed grainy garbage it outputs. It looks like some badly done HDR and was worse than my Note 20 Ultra, Hasselblad should be ashamed to have their name anywhere near it.

Hopefully this Mi 11 Ultra might enable me to leave the RX100 at home, we'll see as it will be my next phone.

I can only go on my experience. I've posted a few sample pics which have impressed me in the OnePlus 9 thread . I have the Pro, the non pro is not worth getting.

The Mi11U's processing and dynamic range looks pretty wonky as it stands so you might be out of luck.

As I'm sure know, good hardware means little without good software.

Soldato
I can only go on my experience. I've posted a few sample pics which have impressed me in the OnePlus 9 thread . I have the Pro, the non pro is not worth getting.

The Mi11U's processing and dynamic range looks pretty wonky as it stands so you might be out of luck.

As I'm sure know, good hardware means little without good software.
Pixel devices Seems to have the best camera Atm

Soldato
They used to for sure. Now not so much. The playing field has levelled somewhat.
Agreed things have leveled off. What pixel still does very well is consistency. I'll put it this way, from my pov what I want from a phone is quick point and shoot. No faffing around, no switching between 20 different cameras that have different processing on each etc.

Pixel just works, point, shoot, done.

Similar to Apple devices. It's the consistency that wins me over.

The very granular detail that can only really be seen side by side is irrelevant overall.

Probably why I'm going back to pixel device from my 8t. Which one time takes a good picture next time it takes 3 attempts to get something reasonable. If I wanted to faf around with that I'd get my Sony a6100 out lol

Soldato
Flossy did the review for the ultra. Its his favourite phone but to me it has a couple of deal beakers.

When recording video it drains your battery significantly.

The camera shutter button animation has lag.

And the camera quality is worse than s21 and one plus 9

Back
Top Bottom