Hose adapter connection for tap

Associate
Having some work done on my house and had some new taps put in outside. They came with a connector which doesn't fit hose adaptors https://www.screwfix.com/p/outside-tap-with-hose-union-15mm-x-/ so I've tried replacing them with the ones in the picture below but the hose adaptor just doesn't seem to connect properly. It looks like it should work but it doesn't click on tightly and just falls off.

20210411-075104.jpg

Associate
Are you just pushing it on ? I think you need to pull the yellow collar down to allow it to connect then release to lock it.

Associate
OP
Managed to get it onto the right hand plastic adaptor with a lot of force but then was fairly hard to get off. Perhaps the rubber seals just need to loosen up.
I'll try taking it to a DIY store as suggested if it comes to it.

Associate
If they are cheap then the hose connection will not lock on. Buy the more expensive hozelock ones when you can. If you have already, the issue may be with the the hose end rather that the tap

Associate
Perhaps the rubber seals just need to loosen up.
Sounds like the rubber oring just needs a bit of silicone grease. In my line of work anything with an oring I apply silicone grease, it helps stop the oring drying out and prevents damage when pushing it in to the female fitting and helps with removal. If it's a nice snug fit all the better for no drips/seeps.

Associate
OP
Sent the two i've already got back. Realised they did come with some different o rings, so perhaps they might have given a slightly different fit.

Order a Hozelock Metal Threaded Connector Pro. Also found an old adaptor in my greenhouse which works but the plastic threading is a little cross threaded but works well enough.

Associate
OP
Hozelock Metal Threaded Connector Pro has worked floorlessly. You can tell the quality difference just by how it threaded on. Connecting the hose made a sound like a little vacuum was being made. Much better than the other two and worth the price of both put together.

Back
Top Bottom