When are you going fully electric?

Soldato
:D
The I-pace is growing on me a lot, but doubt you can get dogs in the back due to the sloped rear?

U2UdoOW.jpg

Little dogs! The glass goes back a far way so the parcel shelf is massive so remove that and might be okay for proper dogs :p

3o76rks.jpg
don’t use that :p

bUTwfOa.jpg

It’s good for humans aswell, although typical for most cars now without sunroof blinds to keep the height lower the door opening can be a little tight, lots of knee /leg room and no tunnel.

I’ll put a proper detailed report together next week, but this is one hell of a serious piece of kit. Mightily impressed in a way I’ve not been with a car for years.

Yeah it’s quite something isn’t it that recalibration of pretty much everything when driving a performance EV for the first time. It’s not the outright pace, just the immediacy and linearity of your inputs to what the car does.

Soldato
Anyone with a Pod-Point Solo - the latest version of the app now supports scheduled charging. Not the linked-to-your-energy-provider type but still scheduled charging. It appears to be a manual update on iOS ie. you need to go to the App Store and update manually.

Soldato
Still waiting for a movie with an electric car chase ?
caught some of johnny english 2 @Nice/MonteC there is a tongue in cheek i3s versus a Vantage V8 ... plus some nice sections of route Napoleon - great to drive in any car;
but no directors have taken up the challenge yet ... assuming there's nothing in the delayed Bond .

Soldato
Still waiting for a movie with an electric car chase ?
caught some of johnny english 2 @Nice/MonteC there is a tongue in cheek i3s versus a Vantage V8 ... plus some nice sections of route Napoleon - great to drive in any car;
but no directors have taken up the challenge yet ... assuming there's nothing in the delayed Bond .

Why is it a challenge? Or is it because they'll look daft trying to overlay a completely over the top engine sound? I guess if it was Michael Bay then you'd end up with it anyway, but any good director would make it great regardless, something like the car chase in Ronin would make a great example.

Permabanned
Why is it a challenge? Or is it because they'll look daft trying to overlay a completely over the top engine sound? I guess if it was Michael Bay then you'd end up with it anyway, but any good director would make it great regardless, something like the car chase in Ronin would make a great example.

Taycan has a fake spaceship sound thing on it doesnt it? (unsure if audible outside the vehicle) Should be an amusing car chase, would leave most things for dead. :D

Pretty good imo. :p

Man of Honour
I think home charging potential could start to become a consideration for home buyers, it wasn't when we bought in 2008 but if we move house again it probably will be even if we don't get an electric car straight away.
Arguably for people who can charge at home, "charging time" is a relative non issue and might even be quicker in terms of disruption than total time spent filling up with petrol/diesel as you will rarely need to 'fill up' away from home.

Soldato
Arguably for people who can charge at home, "charging time" is a relative non issue and might even be quicker in terms of disruption than total time spent filling up with petrol/diesel as you will rarely need to 'fill up' away from home.
That’s me - 99.5% of my yearly driving re-charging can be done on my drive whilst I sleep, so there is no disruption !!
People complain about having to wait hours for EV’s to charge. I say, nope not me, but you’re wasting ‘x’ minutes per week at a petrol station :p

Soldato
I think home charging potential could start to become a consideration for home buyers, it wasn't when we bought in 2008 but if we move house again it probably will be even if we don't get an electric car straight away.

I've said this a couple of times, and at least once in this thread. People didn't care about having a good internet/broadband connection, until it mattered to them, now a lot of people ask then very thing at point of purchase. EV charging at your premises could make or break a sale, and there'll be huge incentive as the volume of sales increase for flat/apartment dwellers to ensure their building has something in place, it will add value, and on new builds it will be a big draw and easy to implement.

Soldato
That’s me - 99.5% of my yearly driving re-charging can be done on my drive whilst I sleep, so there is no disruption !!
People complain about having to wait hours for EV’s to charge. I say, nope not me, but you’re wasting ‘x’ minutes per week at a petrol station :p
Time will tell if it'll be the same for me. I travel to the office around 3 times per week and it's 110 miles from my house. I'll leave at around 5AM and get back at 8-8.30PM. Not sure how much charge I'll manage to get on the home charger (when it arrives) from 8.30PM to 5AM

Soldato
I've said this a couple of times, and at least once in this thread. People didn't care about having a good internet/broadband connection, until it mattered to them, now a lot of people ask then very thing at point of purchase. EV charging at your premises could make or break a sale, and there'll be huge incentive as the volume of sales increase for flat/apartment dwellers to ensure their building has something in place, it will add value, and on new builds it will be a big draw and easy to implement.

Indeed. There’s no way I’d buy any property now with a single phase power supply.

Soldato
Why would it matter that much in a home purchase, if adding a charger only costs (for example) £1k? It might further increase the value of properties with off-street parking, though.

Soldato
Time will tell if it'll be the same for me. I travel to the office around 3 times per week and it's 110 miles from my house. I'll leave at around 5AM and get back at 8-8.30PM. Not sure how much charge I'll manage to get on the home charger (when it arrives) from 8.30PM to 5AM

You can work it out easily enough. I’d be surprised if you couldn’t get back to 100% in 8.5 hours.

Back
Top Bottom