*** Official Ubiquiti Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
As much as I love UniFi kit I’m really struggling to stay with it as we all have iPhone XR’s in my house and they keep dropping off the wifi even though it shows connected? I’ve tried all the normal tricks/tweaks but I’m at the point where I just want to rip my 3 x LR-APs, Cloudkey and 8 port POE switch out and look for an alternative solution :(

Am I being unreasonable to expect it to “just work” or go grey with everyone moaning at me as I put the solution into our bungalow...

Man of Honour
As much as I love UniFi kit I’m really struggling to stay with it as we all have iPhone XR’s in my house and they keep dropping off the wifi even though it shows connected? I’ve tried all the normal tricks/tweaks but I’m at the point where I just want to rip my 3 x LR-APs, Cloudkey and 8 port POE switch out and look for an alternative solution :(

Am I being unreasonable to expect it to “just work” or go grey with everyone moaning at me as I put the solution into our bungalow...
I’ve got multiple Apple devices and I’ve never had a WiFi issue with UniFi equipment.

Soldato
Sitting in my office at home, LR-AP on wall opposite my home office and its showing connected to "Unifi" but showing "4G" in the signal at the top?

That’s odd. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Are you sure it’s a UniFi issue rather than Apple? It could also be a particular chipset in the LR causing the issue. UBNT use different chipsets in different devices so maybe the LR chipset doesn’t like Apple or vice versa.

Associate
I'm on
  • Controller Version 6.1.7
On a CK2+ running 4 Nano HD and UAP Outdoor+ (getting EOL notifications) 10 Apple devices in our house and never noticed any issues. Wifi setup is default, i've never had the need to tweek any settings. (FW on ther nanos: 5.43.35.12698)

Does anybody know if it's possible to reduce the "net update" time on the new controller dashboard so it shows a more real time throughput? Or if you can see what devices are pulling / pushing over the WAN?

Thanks

Soldato
That’s odd. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. Are you sure it’s a UniFi issue rather than Apple? It could also be a particular chipset in the LR causing the issue. UBNT use different chipsets in different devices so maybe the LR chipset doesn’t like Apple or vice versa.
Morning mate

That’s a good shout, I restarted the SH4 and restarted my UniFi kit, assigned static IPs via the SH4 and it seems to be stable at the moment, only had Virgin installed yesterday so maybe it was teething problems.... will see how it performs over the next few days ...

Appreciate the replies though gents

Soldato
The controller on my pi has stopped working so I'm going to swap it out for a cloud key. Luckily I've got a recent backup so do I just add the cloud key to the switch and then import the backup? Looking for the most painless way possible to get it working :)

Soldato
The Dream Machine Pro is starting to peek my interest.
I'd be interested in it for the CCTV side as well as it being that bit easier to use than something like the Edgerouter 4.
The specs suggest it should handle gigabit internet speeds as well. Oddly it appears to be a bit slower than the ER4, 3.5GBPS vs 4GBPS.

Soldato
The Dream Machine Pro is starting to peek my interest.
I'd be interested in it for the CCTV side as well as it being that bit easier to use than something like the Edgerouter 4.
The specs suggest it should handle gigabit internet speeds as well. Oddly it appears to be a bit slower than the ER4, 3.5GBPS vs 4GBPS.

ER-4 isn’t running IPS/IDS while doing 3.5Gbps....

Back
Top Bottom