Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [9th - 12th April 2021]

Sui

Sui

Soldato
Despite them using technology on the wrong player?

Honestly what a mess

It's because they couldn't see the correct player, they couldn't draw a line so had to go with the on field decision, it's nothing to do with drawing a line on the wrong player really.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I have the square root of **** all sympathy for any footballers breaking any of the COVID rules. They are paid insane money by anyones standards and they work a part time job. They train, play and rest.

Glad to see some managers taking some actual action against players who knowingly break the rules.

I'd hope they have massive fines, before a potentially huge game as well, as a team mate I'd be absolutely fuming.

Soldato
It's because they couldn't see the correct player, they couldn't draw a line so had to go with the on field decision, it's nothing to do with drawing a line on the wrong player really.

You could?

They said Liverpool's goal was offside at the weekend and couldn't even see the ball.

Don
You could?

They said Liverpool's goal was offside at the weekend and couldn't even see the ball.
They didn't need to see the ball, they can check when the ball was played from another frame, you do need to see the player though. As much as people want to knock VAR, they done nothing wrong there. If you cannot see the player, you can't overturn the decision. This was an incident where an audio feed allowing us to hear the discussions going on would have helped though.

Soldato
To say before tonight Everton had a chance of getting top 4 says a lot about the league. Dire.

they have been awful since xmas, multiple chances to get in the top 4 and they just bottle it..
A lot of injuries, but that was a shocking display.
Not sure why Carlo keeps bringing on iwobi!

Don
I saw some stat that if the League was based on xg then Brighton would be 4th. It's not that shocking when you watch Brighton play - they're a really good football side, they just can't score to save their lives.

Soldato
They didn't need to see the ball, they can check when the ball was played from another frame, you do need to see the player though. As much as people want to knock VAR, they done nothing wrong there. If you cannot see the player, you can't overturn the decision. This was an incident where an audio feed allowing us to hear the discussions going on would have helped though.

Feel free to call me an idiot but im just confused now.

EyyhpcWW8AE1xcl

Don
You cannot see the deepest part of the defender in that image, can you? If you cannot plot the points then you can't use the tech.

Caporegime
The part we can see shows he's onside, I'm not sure how a deeper part would be needed. Can't they just use the attacker as the deepest point and see how it's not offside?

Don
We don't need to surely. It's so obvious why do you even need a line??!
The part we can see shows he's onside, I'm not sure how a deeper part would be needed. Can't they just use the attacker as the deepest point and see how it's not offside?
Since when did var just decide whether somebody was offside by looking at a picture? The process is they need to plot the furthest foward part of the defender and the furthest forward part of the forward - no camera angle allowed them to do that and that's why it couldn't be used.

Soldato
Since when did var just decide whether somebody was offside by looking at a picture? The process is they need to plot the furthest foward part of the defender and the furthest forward part of the forward - no camera angle allowed them to do that and that's why it couldn't be used.

Right I get that but we can literally see it in that still image?

It's obvious??!

Back
Top Bottom