Dead 8 TB SATA

Associate
Main pc recently died, SSD boot drive is ok, as managed to get "protected" files out of the user area and then the win10 license key.

Sata drive is a brick.
Most of it is backed up, tried recuva, but no joy.
Can anyone recommend recovery software for the stuff not backed up. Not worth paying for a recovery service.

Associate
Not really, but a professional or semi-professional would treat the bad drive as about to die anytime and act accordingly.
The important take way from that is to consider that each power-on cycle of the bad drive could easily be its last.
That is, create or attempt to create an image and work of that.
Presumably (I haven't done this, more theoretical) using an imaging software which quickly skips bad areas / sectors etc. and concentrates on what it can read, with maybe a later pass to attempt to create the missing parts.
With a 8TB drive the destination would have to be at least that size.

Associate
OP
No spin no noise, no vibration
Am a personal user, most but not all is backed up, will have a play with partition magic soon.
It is connected with a usb to SATA connection, allows the old boot drive to be accessed, did not work when plugged into the pc with side off

Associate
OP
had the receipt to hand and now it has been moved. will see if I can deal direct with Ocuk
the pc recognises the interface, just needs me to plug it directly into a pc to see if the interface is the issue and then diagnostics on the drive

Back
Top Bottom