Building a kick arse VR Flight Sim setup... Help please..

Associate
I saw your post on the DCS forum :) It can be a bit of a pain to get it calibrated right, but it is worth it. Now all you need is Andres JetSeat so you can FEEL the engine start up and the bumps on the runway.

Soldato
Personally for me in order of priority it’s Tactile transducers (relatively cheap, big boost in immersion), G-seat (cheap DIY as far as motion systems go, minimal space/power requirements, no issues with VR motion cancellation), then finally full motion such as SFX-100.

Combine all 3 and I think you’d have an amazing experience and that’s the ultimate goal with my rig. Currently just got the transducers and next up is a G-seat build.

Soldato
I'd just like to express the pangs of jealously I'm having, seeing what you lot are discussing, whilst still trying to find a cheap (and I mean cheap) flightstick to play Star Wars Squadrons (assuming my 1070ti could do it any sort of justice in VR) on :(.

Associate
OP
Strewth. The scalper prices on RTX 3080 cards are ridiculous…

Looks like my decision in January to bite the bullet and pay over the odds (at the time anyway) of £1050 for an MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 was a good call….

Soldato

Looks like my decision in January to bite the bullet and pay over the odds (at the time anyway) of £1050 for an MSI Gaming X Trio 3080 was a good call….

I'm glad I went for a 3090FE when they became readily available for a while. I hesitated over the price but given how they've risen so much due to scalpers and that 3080's at anywhere near RRP seem to be as rare as unicorns, I'm happy just to be VR gaming on a top end card and having a great time. (And not having to worry about stock alerts is a relief).

Soldato
Comes to something when that well known high street broker will give you near £200 pounds more than what you payed for a card 4 months earlier, i can't think of anything that comes close to the situation as is right now, even Nintendo would be proud. Justification comes easy if your in to VR, you pickup and give yourself that 2 year window and sell the old one, you've got the best experience for 5/600 pounds a year.

To relate it back to flight sims, the boner is picking up a logitech flight system/yoke. I can find CH products, but id rather go down the logi route. Flightsim currently sits idle mainly because of that, and oddly enough my 22 year old trusty warhorse stick that works with else doesn't fly with MSflight.

Soldato

How's your new system going. Any pics? Would love to see how you've setup the monitor and controls for the sim setup!

I fancy a few upgrades for mine when the Elite Dangerous expansion is out but I think it'll need to wait until availability of parts at RRP is a thing again!

Soldato
Mate, you can keep your JetSeat... I want one of THESE: https://bergisons.simpit.info/motion-integrated-g-seat. ;)

We can supply a kick arse sim, any aircraft you want, 12 million GBP minimum!

Otherwise I really can’t help.

They had similar seats in the RAF tornado sims that we used to maintain. You also need a good chunk of aircraft body, and a huge 360 degree dome for some very cool immersion.

Ah keep it all

I want

Soldato
Ah keep it all

I want

Spuke central.
50743141726_ec3ab89e9b_o_d.gif

Associate
OP
How's your new system going. Any pics? Would love to see how you've setup the monitor and controls for the sim setup!

I fancy a few upgrades for mine when the Elite Dangerous expansion is out but I think it'll need to wait until availability of parts at RRP is a thing again!

My system is fantastic tbh…really pleased with it. The bit that has blown me away is the Reverb G2. Until the new AMD BIOS comes through next month I’ve had to downgrade the PCIe to Gen3 but it’s working okay currently. VR with DCS is incredible but thank the lord I got a decent GPU… The Supercarrier add on is epic…

MS Flight Simulator 2020 is absolutely mind blowing… a quick video of me arsing around in Snowdonia in a spitfire for your delectation…

I’ve left the VIRPIL stick for the moment so am using a TM Warthog setup.

Hopefully this will be a pic of my system setup.. struggling to embed images on here for some reason…

https://flic.kr/p/2kN27bQ

Soldato
So just a smidgeon behind you guys....

Bought myself a thrustmaster hotas one to play squadrons on. Seems to be missing the breakaway cable, but got one of those for £3, so in total, £31.50. Which seems like a steal in this current environment. Depending on how that goes, I may look into trying to upgrade further, but for now, I'm excited to have a joystick again :D.

Associate
My system is fantastic tbh…really pleased with it. The bit that has blown me away is the Reverb G2. Until the new AMD BIOS comes through next month I’ve had to downgrade the PCIe to Gen3 but it’s working okay currently. VR with DCS is incredible but thank the lord I got a decent GPU… The Supercarrier add on is epic…

MS Flight Simulator 2020 is absolutely mind blowing… a quick video of me arsing around in Snowdonia in a spitfire for your delectation…

I’ve left the VIRPIL stick for the moment so am using a TM Warthog setup.

Hopefully this will be a pic of my system setup.. struggling to embed images on here for some reason…

https://flic.kr/p/2kN27bQ

You don't happen to have a 3D printer do you? I'm currently in the middle of printing parts for this:

https://authentikit.org/spitfire-mkix/

Back
Top Bottom