• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
It's worth it. I'm actually surprised at how decent the headset sounds. I've been playing The Division 2 today and the gun fire and atmosphere sounds amazing through them. I have fiddled with the EQ settings though. There's a thread on here for EQ settings that Kreeeee started that has a few EQ suggestions, and I'd highly recommend having a look at that before you start using it!

The ability to connect to two devices is great as well.

Thanks, i'll check the EQ settings out tonight. It was delivered today rather than the 24th! :)

Soldato
I find it a bit weird that so many games use x as the confirm button. Guess I'm used position wise for it to be A or B.

Also, UPS brought my controller back saying it had no invoices with it so obviously the shop person didn't bother handing them over. I'm wondering if it's even worth it as it seems the Y button issue is very common and perhaps more of a design flaw than a fault depending on where you press it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dammit, got the alert for Currys, clicked it and got through to the page. Then got right to the end as it was processing my payment and it crashed :(

Have you signed up for Twitter Xbox alerts? If you don't have Twitter its worth signing up for. They often give you a heads up on who might be dropping stock that day so you can keep refreshing that site and sign up to it in plenty of time ready for stock to drop and have your card details ready to copy and paste or saved in the account. That's how I got mine back in February from Very.

Soldato
Have you signed up for Twitter Xbox alerts? If you don't have Twitter its worth signing up for. They often give you a heads up on who might be dropping stock that day so you can keep refreshing that site and sign up to it in plenty of time ready for stock to drop and have your card details ready to copy and paste or saved in the account. That's how I got mine back in February from Very.

No, just the stock informer.

I do actually have an email from Paypal saying i've submitted a payment to Currys so not sure whether that means it's gone through or not as the Currys website is down.

EDIT - And a Currys order number rom an "In Process" sale, but they can't take alternate payment over the phone and i can't get online to actually finish it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currys site is absolutely hopeless. I had similar problems ordering a wireless headset a couple of days ago; in and out of stock during the checkout process. My first attempt failed at the end if the checkout process as the stock had gone. Then it came back in to stock, and when I got through to PayPal they were trying to charge for two. By the time I fixed that, stock had gone again. Managed to get through on the third attempt.

Also, I can't log in to their site. I just get told my username and/or password are wrong. This happens even if I reset my password :rolleyes:

I can only imagine the fun people are having trying to buy consoles and GPUs from there.

Soldato
Headset arrived.

Another for the list of headsets which don't fit my head :(

EDIT: Managed to get them to fit okay by removing the screws on the headband, extending the arms beyond the normal limit, and then tightening. Still a little small, but tolerable, and probably fine after a haircut. But on to new problems... audio cuts out in Windows after 5 minutes when using the Xbox Wireless Adapter.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm awfully tempted. Though I also really like the look of the B&O Portal.

Sure, it's 5 times as much, but it's also going to act as a good pair of headphones.

Man maths for the win :p

There's a good review of the B&O on Reddit, they rated it very highly but said it fell slightly short of the Penrose in Music. Personally I found the Penrose the worse case of Emperor's new clothes I've fallen foul of for a while. £449 is big cash but I suppose if you use them for other stuff they could be worth it, no stupid logos or designed by a 12 year old crap all over it, plus the Mics internal so you could use it in the office without being laughed at.

Soldato
There's a good review of the B&O on Reddit, they rated it very highly but said it fell slightly short of the Penrose in Music. Personally I found the Penrose the worse case of Emperor's new clothes I've fallen foul of for a while. £449 is big cash but I suppose if you use them for other stuff they could be worth it, no stupid logos or designed by a 12 year old crap all over it, plus the Mics internal so you could use it in the office without being laughed at.

I'm trying to save money not spend it :p

Soldato
I appreciate this makes me look like a thicko but . Am I right in thinking that xbox live gold have away a couple of games a month ala psplus?
If so, do they appear in the normal list with gamepass ultimate or is it a seperate thing.

Soldato
I appreciate this makes me look like a thicko but . Am I right in thinking that xbox live gold have away a couple of games a month ala psplus?
If so, do they appear in the normal list with gamepass ultimate or is it a seperate thing.

I tend to filter library by the "games with gold" option or something like that. Makes it easier to see the free titles with gold.

Soldato

When you go to the games and app section > Full Library there is an option on the right for Games with Gold. When selected it will show you a list of the games you have "bought" with Gold (or will be blank if you don't have any), and will also list the three current monthly games across the top.

Like this:

dcwtv8Gl.png.jpg

JChx3P4l.png.jpg

Caporegime
OP
And to add to the excellent post above, OG Xbox & 360 games with gold are yours to keep forever regardless of subscription status, so they show up in the “All Owned games” section.

Soldato
Thanks all I'm now educated on it :) Now for bonus points, is the only way to view screenshots to hit xbox button then go to capture and share - recent captures?
It seems to autoupload everything to xbox live, is that some kind of cloud storage because I see you can also share it to onedrive.

I got another controller today, same issue with Y button but not as bad. Seems very picky how you press it.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Thanks all I'm now educated on it :) Now for bonus points, is the only way to view screenshots to hit xbox button then go to capture and share - recent captures?
It seems to autoupload everything to xbox live, is that some kind of cloud storage because I see you can also share it to onedrive.

You can choose to disable the autoupload and pick manually what you want to share and to where - Xbox or OneDrive.

Back
Top Bottom