Phanteks P600S side vent.

Soldato
I have a Phanteks P600s with an XFX RX6900XT on the vertical mount which works fine. The issue I have is the clearance between the side of the case and the graphics card is only about 1/4" (6mm) so when gaming I have to open the side of the case up. Does anyone know of a case side for this with a cut out or vent in it to allow the graphics card to breath properly?
dsibyd0.jpg
Failing that are there any cases of a similar size that have more room for a three slot card on a riser cable?

Associate
If I remember correctly when these launched the black version or maybe grey had a solid panel instead of glass. If you could source that you may be able to mod it but that imo really defeats the purpose of a riser.

On a side note, I have this case also in white however I noticed the sliding tabs in which the 24 pin connector etc slide through the rear are white in your case. Was this something you did as mines are boring black plastic.

Soldato
OP
On a side note, I have this case also in white however I noticed the sliding tabs in which the 24 pin connector etc slide through the rear are white in your case. Was this something you did as mines are boring black plastic.

I did paint them. The black really annoyed me when I chose the case so I took them out and painted them with Rust-Oleum direct to plastic paint. It took a few coats and I had to redo a couple of them as I was impatient but the match was good and it looks much better. The clip out so you can paint them on a bench.

I'll have a look for a solid panel as I may be able to mod that. Apart from that I need to look for a new case, I cant fit the 6900 into the PCIE slot directly on this pc with the pump there.

Soldato
OP
That wouldn't work. The blower blows air out from the heatsink above and below the card. The fans also have on 6mm or so to pull air in this isn't enough for them to breath properly.

I'm toying with a solid side panel I can cut out but that £30 and by the time I buy some acrylic I could pretty much replace the case. Not sure what to do really.

Caporegime
I have a Phanteks P600s with an XFX RX6900XT on the vertical mount which works fine. The issue I have is the clearance between the side of the case and the graphics card is only about 1/4" (6mm) so when gaming I have to open the side of the case up. Does anyone know of a case side for this with a cut out or vent in it to allow the graphics card to breath properly?
dsibyd0.jpg
Failing that are there any cases of a similar size that have more room for a three slot card on a riser cable?
Nice looking case and GPU sir, I have the same, though I don’t use the vertical mount as I like to see the RX 6900 logo. :D

Hope the GPU is running well. :)

Soldato
OP
It's running really well, I'm really pleased I snagged it off you. Cheers for selling it to me. I've been reading the 6900 thread but haven't got to spend to much time trying to tweak it yet so haven't posted in there. I will get around to it at some point.

I have to have the side panel open when it's under load at the moment but have come up with a fix for my issue. I have made a couple of 1" spaces that can go behind the rear hinges (they unscrew) then I'll space the front magnets out 1" as well. Just waiting for the screws to turn up now. I would have put it straight in the PCIE slot but I can't fit the cooling pump in even if I replumb it. Another option was to watercool the GPU but I can't justify voiding the warranty on something so expensive and I've even thought about selling the Alphacool stuff and going for an AIO but I'll try the spacers first.

Managed to bag a second 600S of eBay yesterday for £20 so have a spare case to tinker about with as well.

Soldato
dsibyd0.jpg
You might find this will work ▷ Phanteks Vertical GPU Bracket & Flatline 220m… | OcUK (overclockers.co.uk)
If it fits it sets the GPU farther back

Video here of Phanteks Vertical GPU Bracket Installation in P600S

Soldato
I used the cablemod vertical gou bracket. But with these gou brackets ha e to keep in mind that the gou is pushed back a few centimetres from the back of the case. So might be still problematic with your Res.

Soldato
OP
I actually have a cable mod bracket that came with the case I purchased at the weekend. Your right that neither bracket will fit with the reservoir though. Good shout though chaparral.

Soldato
OP
I'm still toying with the idea of buying a 420mm AIO and replacing the loop. I can probably sell most of this loop to cover the cost.

Ill see how spacing the door off comes out first though.

Back
Top Bottom