Split Air con

RJC

RJC

Don
Yeah not too shabby here!

The carpet marks are great for knowing it's back in the right place though :p

I think they only warranty them properly if they get serviced by them as well. Bit of a con probably!

Does seem that way, not much you can do with a split.

You can’t do a proper log as to time you put your gauges on you probably used most of the gas to fill the lines, electrical checks are minimal if any.

Important thing Is check the filters and ensure the condenser is clean.

Soldato
You could do that yourself :cry:

Clean the filters and check it blows hot or cold :D:p

Hehe yeah I was watching some videos the other week of how to clean them. As @HungryHippos says though it is needed for the warranty. My Mitsubishi ones come with a 7 year warranty provided I have it serviced yearly.

On a plus note, my first service was free. £180 saved!

RJC

RJC

Don
Hehe yeah I was watching some videos the other week of how to clean them. As @HungryHippos says though it is needed for the warranty. My Mitsubishi ones come with a 7 year warranty provided I have it serviced yearly.

On a plus note, my first service was free. £180 saved!

Blimey, I thought our service rates were bad! :cry:

Ours - £700 a day! :eek:

Soldato
Soldato
Does seem that way, not much you can do with a split.

You can’t do a proper log as to time you put your gauges on you probably used most of the gas to fill the lines, electrical checks are minimal if any.

Important thing Is check the filters and ensure the condenser is clean.

Company that fitted ours wanted to service twice a year for warranty, I asked to step this down to once a year

Soldato
Loft unit looks interesting, does it all run off the same outdoor unit? the two internal ones + the loft one? I guess with the loft one it will always have to jet cooler air into those 3 pipes, closing one off could cause issues with airflow.

Soldato
Loft unit looks interesting, does it all run off the same outdoor unit? the two internal ones + the loft one? I guess with the loft one it will always have to jet cooler air into those 3 pipes, closing one off could cause issues with airflow.

Yes all ran from one condenser. Theres actually 5 grill vents, 1 in each bedroom as output and 2 in the landing as input (The ducts are behind the unit in the loft)

Soldato
£150+VAT for 7 years is over £1200! How much was the system in the first place - that sounds like a rubbish warranty if it's actually going to cost £1200 to keep valid for 7 years. Half the work is running all the pipes so even if a unit failed it would probably be cheaper to service yourself and replace with a brand new unit.

Soldato
Yup, could a similar principle to cars not be used in that if you can show it’s been serviced by a competent person to the manufacturers specification then they can’t deny the warranty claim?

Soldato
Yes I think the manufacturer may kick back on warranty claims if it's not been serviced. It depends on ones appetite for risk, or as @Peerzy said whether you would prefer to just buy a new unit (although that does of course have costs with it of some kind).

Hard to say what is best, money for old rope is probably true though.

Back
Top Bottom