**** Apple Event "Spring loaded" - 20th April 2021 @ 18:00 UK time ****

Man of Honour
If they do update the MacBook Air M1 or announce something, I have until the 8th of May to return mine. I'm still in two minds whether to return it anyway as I feel like I could do with more storage on it.

Commissario
OP
If they do update the MacBook Air M1 or announce something, I have until the 8th of May to return mine. I'm still in two minds whether to return it anyway as I feel like I could do with more storage on it.
I'll be very surprised if either of the current M1 Macs are updated as they've only been out for a few months.

Associate

How long do they usually give?
I got my M1 Air in late March and love it, but if the rumoured 14" pro with mini-led screen launches next week I'm going to be a bit sore...

OTOH last time I checked the rumours were for the third quarter this year, which is less bothersome.

Soldato
I got my M1 Air in late March and love it, but if the rumoured 14" pro with mini-led screen launches next week I'm going to be a bit sore...
OTOH last time I checked the rumours were for the third quarter this year, which is less bothersome.

I've got an M1 Pro coming today, which will be going straight back if there's a 14" version introduced next week :p

However, like you I did some due diligence and am confident the refresh will be late in the year.

Man of Honour
How long do they usually give?

To be honest I don’t expect them to go on sale until September at least.

Soldato
I'm hoping for new a iMac as well.

Likewise although i have a feeling we'll see them later in the year unfortunately :(

I'm still struggling slightly to think of a use for AirTags.

For when you lose things @Feek...

9777b2f7cfcddc138e9cef93c41f4745.gif

Soldato
I'm still struggling slightly to think of a use for AirTags. I don't think I've ever lost my keys or my wallet, perhaps I could sew one to Mrs. Feek?

My little ones like to hide my keys :( I use Tiles to find them at least once a week but the range isn’t great. Looking forward to trying all the directional stuff the air tags are reported to offer.

Soldato
Currently got a maxed out 16” MacBook Pro with 38” monitor and an iPad Pro 12.9” 1st gen. also a gaming PC.

Due to working from home since covid, looking to change to a new iMac and iPad Pro 11”. Assuming the iMac has a proper 2021 design refresh and 30+ “ screen.

Here is hoping for an Apple silicon iMac!

iPad would be with the magic Keyboard and trackpad. Main use is google docs, web dev and python dev. The first two I know will be fine, but has anyone tried python dev on an iPad?

Back
Top Bottom