LG CX (C10) OLED 2020 Thread

Caporegime
Well I fixed this weird issue simply by leaving the TV unplugged overnight, and fortunately not had a repeat incident.

You just turned it off and on again, nothing more nothing less. Same effect from unplugging the power cord for a minute.

However, now got another issue!

Out of the blue my PS5 that was plugged in HDMI 4, started showing no signal. Thought it was the PS5 so tried booting in safe mode etc., no luck. So I tried switching around HDMI ports. After testing, it seems everything works fine if plugged in to port 1, 2 or 3, but HDMI 4 displays no signal whatever device or cable is plugged in.

Tried unplugging the TV for half an hour, didn't work., tried disabling quick start, didn't work. Don't want to factory reset and lose all my settings but do I have any other options? Is it even likely to work? Should I just ring Richer Sounds and see what they say?
This person had a similar issue issue https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/kf34on/lg_cx_does_hdmi4_function_like_the_other_hdmi/

1) Try a HDMI port reset by fast pressing the mute button 3 times.

2) Try a factory reset.

3) Contact Richer Sounds for a warranty ticket.

Associate
You just turned it off and on again, nothing more nothing less. Same effect from unplugging the power cord for a minute.

Yeah, I guess so. I'd already tried 3 or 4 power cycles with no luck, only when I gave up and left it overnight did it fix itself. Just wish I knew why!

This person had a similar issue issue https://www.reddit.com/r/OLED/comments/kf34on/lg_cx_does_hdmi4_function_like_the_other_hdmi/

1) Try a HDMI port reset by fast pressing the mute button 3 times.

2) Try a factory reset.

3) Contact Richer Sounds for a warranty ticket.

So after again leaving the TV unplugged over night, turned it on this morning, tried to use HDMI4, and got about a second of my PS5 home screen before it cut out and went back to no signal, same as yesterday. What's weird is that even though I get no signal, devices can still send the signal to turn the TV on/off, and it still recognises what device is plugged in, cause I get a pop up about the universal remote. Weird.

Using the AV reset after seemed to do nothing. Doing a factory reset now, will see what happens I guess.

EDIT:

Factory reset didn't work. Any other ideas before I call Richer Sounds?

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah, I guess so. I'd already tried 3 or 4 power cycles with no luck, only when I gave up and left it overnight did it fix itself. Just wish I knew why!

So after again leaving the TV unplugged over night, turned it on this morning, tried to use HDMI4, and got about a second of my PS5 home screen before it cut out and went back to no signal, same as yesterday. What's weird is that even though I get no signal, devices can still send the signal to turn the TV on/off, and it still recognises what device is plugged in, cause I get a pop up about the universal remote. Weird.

Using the AV reset after seemed to do nothing. Doing a factory reset now, will see what happens I guess.

EDIT:

Factory reset didn't work. Any other ideas before I call Richer Sounds?
Different HDMI cable(s) is your last option to try, I think. :(

Associate
Different HDMI cable(s) is your last option to try, I think. :(

Tried a spare HDMI cable with PS5 that was plugged in HDMI 4 originally, and that made no difference, and I've switched around all the cables for each of the four devices I've had on, PS5, Xbox, BT TV, Switch, and everything works in any combo in all the other ports. Don't think it's a cable, although I wish it was!

I'm just outside the 30 day returns period it seems, so think I'm gonna have to call LG rather than Richer Sounds, is that right? Would rather deal with RS tbh!

Caporegime
Tried a spare HDMI cable with PS5 that was plugged in HDMI 4 originally, and that made no difference, and I've switched around all the cables for each of the four devices I've had on, PS5, Xbox, BT TV, Switch, and everything works in any combo in all the other ports. Don't think it's a cable, although I wish it was!

I'm just outside the 30 day returns period it seems, so think I'm gonna have to call LG rather than Richer Sounds, is that right? Would rather deal with RS tbh!
The retailer deals with returns or replacements for the first year, the 30 days is just about getting a refund.

Associate
The retailer deals with returns or replacements for the first year, the 30 days is just about getting a refund.

Great news, thanks for the help mate.

EDIT: Never mind, Richer Sounds passed me on to LG! :rolleyes:

Engineer is coming out to look at it anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
RS is good because they will price beat most places by £20, and offer a 6 year warranty over most that offer 5 year as standard. John Lewis is an option as it offers an additional warranty for £140 that supposedly covers burn in related issues, but personally don't know how well they honour that.

The 55CX is currently £1200 at RS which isn't the best price, it's been as low as £1050 at other retailers, so worth shopping around.

Soldato
Seems like a very popular place for after care, not used them for TVs myself but everyone swears by them, Peter Tyson is also very good, always found them great.
Thanks. I've used RS before for a few things and their after care has been brilliant. I had a speaker fail after 2 years on my 5.1 setup. They replaced the soeaker no problem. Think I'll try to get it from there and price match somewhere slightly cheaper.

Man of Honour
The 55” is currently down to £1110 at most retailers (with a code entered at checkout, set out on the retailer product pages - easy as pie), although do bear in mind the colour differences in the models - the darker stand version seems less available.

RS and JL only seems to have the lighter coloured ones.

Associate
It's last years model. Should imagine that most of them are customer returns that have been repackaged.

And. Yes. They do do that, actually.

Back
Top Bottom