Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Could it be this: https://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=337634

Quick google search found this place selling parts: https://northwestpowerwashers.co.uk

I'm planning to fix one (can't recall which exact model it is) as I reckon it's worth having a go before recycling it.

Looks like I have a different fault to this pulsing fault. Mine seems to more like pump is working one minute and not the next. For example, pulling the trigger and it’s like the using common garden hose. Then all of sudden the pump kicks in and it’s working fine. I managed to complete my tasks yesterday with a lot of frustration with this. It happen one of the previous times Iv used it this year, but just thought it was the hose that was kinked or even the extension lead. But I have swapped these out and the fault returned yesterday. Currently looking at the repair manual I have found online.

Anyway thinking I might buy a new pressure washer when I get paid. Question is which one. I would like to a Kranzle but just to much money up front at the minute. I don’t want to spend any more than 250 really. I have seen Karcher K4 and K5 are both on offer at the moment. But have been put off by Karcher in the past after reading that they use plastic pumps and gears. Any recommendations?

Associate
I had the exact same issue you're describing. It's seemed like some sort of pressure switch wasn't activating for some reason, but as mine was inside the warranty period I contacted Nilfisk directly, provided them the serial number & proof of purchase and they sent me a brand new one immediately. There has been a revision, of something or other and touch wood this one has been fine for over a year now.

I've told myself when it breaks that it's Kranzle or nothing. The cheapest Karcher I can see is the K1050p, which is under £400, so above your budget (& if you can find it in stock anywhere...)

A neighbour of mine has had a K4 for at least 3 years now, he's a keen detailer so it's used most weeks and he's had no issues. It's also a bit quieter than my C120.

Soldato
Looks like I have a different fault to this pulsing fault. Mine seems to more like pump is working one minute and not the next. For example, pulling the trigger and it’s like the using common garden hose. Then all of sudden the pump kicks in and it’s working fine. I managed to complete my tasks yesterday with a lot of frustration with this. It happen one of the previous times Iv used it this year, but just thought it was the hose that was kinked or even the extension lead. But I have swapped these out and the fault returned yesterday. Currently looking at the repair manual I have found online.

Anyway thinking I might buy a new pressure washer when I get paid. Question is which one. I would like to a Kranzle but just to much money up front at the minute. I don’t want to spend any more than 250 really. I have seen Karcher K4 and K5 are both on offer at the moment. But have been put off by Karcher in the past after reading that they use plastic pumps and gears. Any recommendations?
I think I know what you are talking about with the fault. My c120 used to do this when it didnt have enough water pressure coming in. It was usually down to a kinked pipe or a leak somewhere in the hose from the wall to the washer itself.

Associate
I had the exact same issue you're describing. It's seemed like some sort of pressure switch wasn't activating for some reason, but as mine was inside the warranty period I contacted Nilfisk directly, provided them the serial number & proof of purchase and they sent me a brand new one immediately. There has been a revision, of something or other and touch wood this one has been fine for over a year now.

I've told myself when it breaks that it's Kranzle or nothing. The cheapest Karcher I can see is the K1050p, which is under £400, so above your budget (& if you can find it in stock anywhere...)

A neighbour of mine has had a K4 for at least 3 years now, he's a keen detailer so it's used most weeks and he's had no issues. It's also a bit quieter than my C120.

That’s good to know, that a K4 or K5 might worth it. As I can’t justify the price of the Kranzle.

Associate
I think I know what you are talking about with the fault. My c120 used to do this when it didnt have enough water pressure coming in. It was usually down to a kinked pipe or a leak somewhere in the hose from the wall to the washer itself.

I have changed hose, from my old one that had seen better days. Guess it could just be a drop in water pressure from the tape?

Soldato
Soldato
Hi guys, I may have a window of opportunity on saturday to wash the E43 for the first time since December (eugh). I bought a C110 Nilfisk which has a snow foam attachment (I think?). Is there a quick start guide to a "better than basic" wash including what snow foam, polish, wax or whatever else is going?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi guys, I may have a window of opportunity on saturday to wash the E43 for the first time since December (eugh). I bought a C110 Nilfisk which has a snow foam attachment (I think?). Is there a quick start guide to a "better than basic" wash including what snow foam, polish, wax or whatever else is going?

Thanks

Will give an idea of how, he also has a lot of reviews on products on the channel. Might be of some use?

The snow foam attachment I believe is just a detergent dispenser so might not be best suited for snow foam assuming it's the standard C110 you have. They tend to not work very well for snow foam. However you have a wide choice of snow foam lances that use the nilfisk connector.

Soldato
Thanks, that looks like a good starting point.

Given my poor planning my choices are limited on Snow Foam kit. I see the favourite is Bilt Hamber but I can't get it delivered in time. It looks like the Autoglym Polar Blast Gun Kit I can get by Friday for £38 - am I going to buying twice if I go in that direction?

Soldato

Given my poor planning my choices are limited on Snow Foam kit. I see the favourite is Bilt Hamber but I can't get it delivered in time. It looks like the Autoglym Polar Blast Gun Kit I can get by Friday for £38 - am I going to buying twice if I go in that direction?

See if you can get the Autobrite Direct Snow Foam Lance Kit — it should be about £40 and comes with 500ml of Magifoam.

The AD lance is 1 million times better than the Nilfisk attachment and the Magifoam will last you until you can get the Bilt Hamber stuff.

Although saying that, it looks like it's currently out of stock on Amazon and on the AD website. :(

Personally, I would wait until you can get that before bothering to snowfoam the car.

Soldato

Personal opinion - AutoGlym's Polar Blast foams up lovely, looks wonderful as you put it on but doesn't really do much to aid cleaning the car - it might soften stuff a bit. BH Autofoam in comparison actually cleans and if only lightly dirty, can pretty much be the only cleaning you need to do week to week. (see pictures from @kindai recently using just foam to clean the Aventador, albeit he may be using AD Magifoam IIRC which is pretty much on par with BH, if you can't get the BH maybe look for Magifoam - edit - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/forums/posts/34688328/ )

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks chaps. I can get the Magifoam stuff delivered pretty quick so then it just comes down to lance. Are the Pro-'Kleen' ones any good?

Seems the Autobrite one is available just not the Nilfisk attachment :(

Soldato
Thanks chaps. I can get the Magifoam stuff delivered pretty quick so then it just comes down to lance. Are the Pro-'Kleen' ones any good?

Seems the Autobrite one is available just not the Nilfisk attachment :(

Sam's detailing Lance is great. Comes with a quick release attachment too. It's not cheap at £30 but well worth the money

Soldato
I'll be needing to do this soon too.. what resin did you end up getting? Raceglaze or something else? I did remove my top when I got it new and it came undone without too much trouble so I'm half hoping that your unit is a on odd one out :D

The resin arrived earlier this week, and last night I filled it up. Weirdly...the top screwed back on pretty easily. I can only assume that because the weather was so cold when I first took the top off, and it had been sitting in a freezing garage, that the plastic thread was just really tight.

Anyway, Vyair resin seems fine. Back to 0PPM water out of the filter.

Soldato
I have the pro-kleen lance as it was the only one i could find that was Bosch compatible at the time and it's absolutely spot on

Soldato
Looks like I've missed the boat on the Pro-Kleen. I can get the Nilfisk own brand one. I think I'll give that a go with the Autobrite stuff. Thanks chaps.

Edit: Refreshed the basics:
Nilfisk 128500938 Lance - £22.20
Autobrite Magifoam, 500ml - £8.95
Meguiars Lamb Mitt - £12
Scratch Shield Bucket Filter - £5.90

Not overly pleased with the value but given the hand car washes around here are £20 for nothing you can't do with a garden hose and a rag it isn't too bad. I've got bits of Ultra High Gloss and SRP, alongside all sorts my brother got thrown in free with his Mercedes which I'll dig through too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom