Pro Cycling Discussion 2021

Soldato
And cav has finally won, and did it with some class. That was much more like the old one, no panic, no early sprint, and some expert positioning. Saw how much it meant to him. Really hope he gets a few more.
If he can maintain that form then he will likely get a few more he’s looking more and more like the Cav of old.

Soldato
I think it was just me who saw a dude ride across Greipel's wheel and Greipel wave his hand at it because it was a joke then everyone just forgets that and admires because of who he is. Bash on. But for me, nah man.
Any young gun pulls that and it would be no mercy but not for ye olde Cav.

Soldato
I think it was just me who saw a dude ride across Greipel's wheel and Greipel wave his hand at it because it was a joke then everyone just forgets that and admires because of who he is. Bash on. But for me, nah man.
Any young gun pulls that and it would be no mercy but not for ye olde Cav.

I think you are being unfair, Gripel doesnt even let up after Cav rides across him and only only sits up when he knows he isnt going to win. Cav was going much faster and Gripel doesnt wave or even protest. Eurosport has a head on camera on the run in https://twitter.com/Eurosport_UK/status/1381576424541335553?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1381591263040962560|twgr^|twcon^s3_&ref_url=https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-12-april-2021-282451

Soldato
OP
First time I saw i thought oh that's not good from front angle but when you see overhead there is so much room for him to move into and as bear says greipels speed was meaning the gap was only getting bigger. The change of direction was minimal and not aggressive as well.

Probably bit of cav tinted glasses but it wasn't a chop or dangerous in anyway. And I didn't see any greipel protests during or after as he was quick to congratulate.

Soldato
OP
Don't think there is any concerns with that one. Wins breed confidence. Would say that was better than yesterday as he was much quicker, although Philipsen did get a bit baulked by greipels lead out man.

Soldato
OP
He looks much more like the cav of old, patient and knowing he's got the legs on everyone else there. Yeah it's not a super strong group of sprinters which is odd considering the route, but to see him sitting and waiting and going at the right time after two years of desperation and poor positioning is great to see. He's definitely not as quick as a Bennett or a ewan currently but hopefully he's got the brain to be up there with the top guys, can see he's using his positioning to box guys back too. He's also a rider that has always said he's rubbish at hitting the numbers in training but when it comes to racing he's there, so more wins he gets the better he'll get hopefully.

Would love to see him just get one more win at tdf.

3 in a row today?

Soldato
OP
Oh that was a horrible crash! Hope everyones alright. No new barriers at Turkey, they disintegrated there. no idea what happened. Looked like a complete chain reaction from the Alpecin guy going down on the right.

Another quality win for Cav again, timed to perfection, came from some way behind with no leadout train, although the Polish guy was coming up with some speed behind him. Philipsen just went too early, although he was only focused on Cav with him checking over his shoulder so often.

Soldato
OP
Wow that was some win by pidcock today, thought after he bridged he'd blown his load, but clearly saving himself for that finale. Wva looked super strong closing down attacks but just didn't have that last few yards, maybe saving a bit for Sunday.

Pidcock will obviously be up there again hopefully..

Great race overall, the shorter hard ones are always great because they ramp things up early on. Women's race was also brutal too.

Soldato
OP
Wow that was some finish, shame pidcock couldn't win the fling, narrowest of margins. He looked strongest today but wva learnt from Wednesday and had enough left for the sprint. Best part was watching it back on sky after the F1, I knew the timing would be tight seeing how much had recorded, but what a farce Eurosport are with their coverage.

https://www.instagram.com/stories/paulinportsmouth/2554682119387812095/

SPG

SPG

Soldato
That's not a loss, Van Art will know is was nothing but lucky :) So so close to call, loving these one day races more and more have to say.

I am still gobsmacked Piddock is only 21 aside from the cycling circles in the UK he should be a superstar yet as usual the UK sports gutter press are only interested in poncy football, Rugby, Cricket, F1 and the odd bit of running.

The UK is crying out for a proper sport paper that forgets about the usual suspects :)

Soldato
Slovenia only has a population of 2mil people yet they have both Roglic and a 22 year old TdF winner.... I wonder how those boys are covered in their homeland.
We are saturated by utter **** in the UK. The prime minister is commenting more on a football super league in the press than he is about what is happening in NI. It's a joke.

Back
Top Bottom