UEFA Champions & Europa League Football Thread ** spoilers ** [13th - 15th April 2021]

Man of Honour
Best team won in the end to be fair. We didnt deserve to go through, lack of ideas, lack of creativity, lack of finishing, lack of pace and steel. Got to hope desperately now that we somehow squeeze into the top 4 (for the record, I dont think we will) or thats a big impact on the immediate future. Real never looked like they ever needed to even get out of 1st gear, barely needed to try really.

Caporegime
Another non performance in a season of non performances. We haven't looked like beating a single team that defends deep this season yet we've played exactly the same way against all of them.

7 games to save our season or it'll be up there with the worst in our history.

Soldato
Well that was our last hope to try do anything good this season and blew it like the season as a whole really

Roll on next season, this one has been rubbish

Man of Honour
Well that was our last hope to try do anything good this season and blew it like the season as a whole really

Going to look pretty bloody idiotic now when we finally get to be able to have the victory celebration in the city for winning the league that Klopp talked about

Caporegime

I can’t wait for next season. I want to get back to normal football. Full stadiums, 7 games on Saturdays, a decent MOTD, proper gaps between games. What we’ve got at the moment is pony.

Man of Honour
We won't even be champions by the time that comes around and if we finish outside of the top 4 no one's going to want to be celebrating anything.

Thats my point, by the time it comes around it will be a very redundant celebration. I dont think theres even much point now in having a celebration for it after this length of time. Consign it to the record books and focus on trying to get back on the perch that we have so dramatically immediately fallen straight off of again.

Don
Another non performance in a season of non performances.
Really? We were playing Real Madrid not the Dog & Duck - reading some of the comments in this thread you could be mistaken. When do you come up against a top side and create 10 clear cut chances? 1 in 10 times? You cannot expect to absolutely batter a good side and a decent performance usually is restricting them to very little and creating 2 or 3 decent chances yourself and some half chanecs on top and that's what we done.

Our general performance was very good today and we created enough chances to have won the leg and the tie. We didn't take them though and that's all that ultimately matters but you can hardly say we didn't play well - I think we created more and Real created less than when we beat Barca 4-0 two seasons ago.

The last 20 mins or so we didn't play as well as we did in the first 60-70 but we were having to chase the game and moved away from the system we started with, which on the whole was working. Maybe had we stuck with the 4-3-3 we might have created more at the end of the game but needing 2 goals with 30 mins to go we had to gamble.

Back
Top Bottom