London to Glasgow, should I take the M1 or M6?

Soldato
OP
which van type ? transits I've used for moving, are nice to drive, but, might be noisy on a M-way.

I booked a regular transit, but they upgraded me to a MWB high roof one, beacuse they didn't have a normal transit available.
That was actually bad for me, as the bigger one uses a lot more diesel.
But yeah was comfortable, was a 70 plate with 8000 miles on it.

Soldato
I did two daily Scotland return trips a while ago - first time I did Basingstoke to Glasgow, 920 miles return in a day and I said I'd never do it again. A week later I did Basingstoke to Grangemouth and back in a day. Both times in a 1.6 MK7 Fiesta. At the time I didn't think too much of it and I don't remember particularly hating life while doing those trips at the time, but the thought of doing it in that car now fills me with dread. One annoying bit was having to fill the car up 3 times each day since it would only do around 320 miles on a tank :D

Underboss
Done it, like I said I was probably going on Wednesday so I went yesterday.

Went via m6 and m74, didn't use the m6 toll, as the m6 was ok, no traffic and same thing on the way back.
6 hours to get there, 1 hour there to do what I had to do, 6 hours to get back and 1 hour again to finish what I had to do, with only 1 stop each way to use the toilet.
Didn't feel tired or anything, was completely fine, would do it again if needed no problem.

It cost me £140 in fuel + £70 to rent the van.

well done !

how many times did you have to stop to fill up with fuel ?
must be a big tank
£210 not bad !

Back
Top Bottom