Cheapest way to get Playstation Plus?

Associate
Im gaming on my PC mainly these days, but would like to renew Playstation Plus to play PS online.
Dont even remember when it expired, as I dont play much Playstation, so would like to renew it as cheaply as possible.
Any suggestions on cheapest place /best deal out there?
Thanks for the advice.

Soldato
Im gaming on my PC mainly these days, but would like to renew Playstation Plus to play PS online.
Dont even remember when it expired, as I dont play much Playstation, so would like to renew it as cheaply as possible.
Thanks for the advice.

Put a wanted ad on AVFroums Playstation section.

Associate
Cheapest when I went looking was £43 or so the other day from CDkeys or something similar. They sometimes come on offer down to £40 or a bit lower. This is for a year's worth of course.

There are "tricks" to get it cheaper, like using foreign accounts as your main account and then linking your UK one to it, but they can be a bit annoying, buying foreign credit etc. But you can get it for below £20 for the year for the trouble.

Associate
OP
Cheapest when I went looking was £43 or so the other day from CDkeys or something similar. They sometimes come on offer down to £40 or a bit lower. This is for a year's worth of course.

There are "tricks" to get it cheaper, like using foreign accounts as your main account and then linking your UK one to it, but they can be a bit annoying, buying foreign credit etc. But you can get it for below £20 for the year for the trouble.
Thanks for that. Am sure I have bought PS Plus from CD Keys before. I had an inkling it was possible to get it cheaper, but will pass on the foreign account idea, with thanks anyway. Appreciate the reply, cheers.

Associate
OP
I grabbed 12 months from shopTo.net last week for £39.99 (instant delivery). Gone up to £42.85 now though.
Prices seem to bounce around all the time.
Sounds about right. I have a feeling I got mine for 40 not 60 last time. Thereabouts.
Still seems like a good deal. I had no idea if people were buying it far cheaper elsewhere, or not.

Soldato
it's not just to play multiplayer games though is it? You also get at least 2 free games every month on top.

This is my main argument... They aren't "free" if you are paying for it.
That is like saying you pay for Netflix and get >1000 free movies.

I think I have just been spoilt by PC gaming and now Google Stadia

ljt

ljt

Soldato
This is my main argument... They aren't "free" if you are paying for it.
That is like saying you pay for Netflix and get >1000 free movies.

I think I have just been spoilt by PC gaming and now Google Stadia

Well having 24 games to play a year when I want for £40 seems like a decent deal to me regardless. I rarely purchase games for any platform now, I just wait until they hit either PS Plus, Gamepass Xbox/PC or Epic store freebies.

Associate
Keep an eye on Shopto and CD keys sites, can often be had for under £40 for a years subscription.

These can be stacked so you can have a few years subscription outright, not sure what the max stack is.

Associate
Thanks for the advice.

Wait for Black Friday. I usually buy it for under £30

Back
Top Bottom