I Think I Want A Pickup.

Tea Drinker
Don
If you buy a good base model you can always add features like alloys and nice interiors there's loads of parts out there. Have you thought of a Toyota Hilux Surf, they are good value if old, and again there's loads of forums and a large following so no real problems won't have been encountered and fixed cheaply.

Associate
Soldato
OP
I'm still after a pickup :D

Had a 370bhp TTS for a few years, not necessarily for sale but a mate of mine has offered the right kind of money for it.
So initially I was thinking 13-15k Amarok but a guy I know has 2 66 plate D24 Navara's in his yard still on lease and I've borrowed one for a few days. So far I'm loving the position on the road. Not nearly as agricultural as I expected either. Tekna trim level with heated electric seats, built in satnav, dual zone CC etc. On my commute I'm getting 35-38mpg, sure on a run it'd breeze mid 40s

Damn it's big though, the 360 cameras help but yeah, that'd take some getting used to.

255/60/18 Conti cross somethings on it that will need changing soon, seem to be around £130 a corner, it'd be 99% on road, would ATs be a bad move?
Any you'd recommend for efficiency and quiet running?

A google suggests odd electrical gremlins here and there and a few turbos have gone. Any other common issues/expensive fixes I should know about?

Cheers guys!

Soldato
Well if you really want one for that price... and for me only the Raptor would even come into my consideration at silly money... for £4k and probably less gets you this which is decent mileage as well?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202104091187322?price-to=4000&make=NISSAN&radius=1500&model=NAVARA&postcode=ch87qg&include-delivery-option=on&advertising-location=at_cars&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&sort=mileage&page=1

Personally I wouldn't as they seem cool but at least this one has the cab on the back so your gear doesn't get nicked lol.

27914c87372f4656a9c70b34ca9dea6a.jpg

Soldato
I admit my Amarok had a back on it (As we used it to chuck dogs in) - but what I found annoying was that my Cube SL 29er MTB wouldnt fit in the back, without the front wheel being taken off.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still after a pickup :D
Pickups are for people in sleeveless plaid shirts and baseball caps, who hunt varmints, marry their sister and have more fingers on one hand (even after the firearms accidents) than they do teeth in their head. :p

What's wrong with another estate car, like you seemed so happy with before? All the space, far better fuel economy, easier daily driving...

Soldato
255/60/18 Conti cross somethings on it that will need changing soon, seem to be around £130 a corner, it'd be 99% on road, would ATs be a bad move?

I have ATs on my pickup, but I wouldn't recommend them unless you actually plan on using it off road. They work fine on the road, but are definitely less refined than normal road tyres and are often more expensive too. They have saved me multiple times as mine is 2WD and regularly goes off road, but for normal road use they're not necessary.

Pickups are for people in sleeveless plaid shirts and baseball caps, who hunt varmints, marry their sister and have more fingers on one hand (even after the firearms accidents) than they do teeth in their head. :p

What's wrong with another estate car, like you seemed so happy with before? All the space, far better fuel economy, easier daily driving...

They do have their uses - most of the stuff I do with my pickup I wouldn't be able to do with an estate or van, but I agree that with the OPs requirements an estate sounds like a better choice.

Back
Top Bottom