Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Only had mine a day.

Really not happy with the fan noise I can hear it constantly when the console is on gaming or just sitting on dashboard.

It has to be faulty. It's not excessive but more than I'm expecting for a new console when compared to my Series X.

How can I get this fixed ? Do I contact Sony directly ?

Soldato
Only had mine a day.

Really not happy with the fan noise I can hear it constantly when the console is on gaming or just sitting on dashboard.

It has to be faulty. It's not excessive but more than I'm expecting for a new console when compared to my Series X.

How can I get this fixed ? Do I contact Sony directly ?
Yep, the easiest bet is to contact them directly. I had to speak to them today about a faulty controller and it was a 10min phone call and all sorted with a pre paid postage label etc

Soldato
If you’ve only had it a day wouldn’t it be more wise to send it back to the retailer it came from for a replacement ? That’s what I’d be doing.
Retailers would have to send it to Sony anyway since they do not have stock to replace. You would only be adding time on without the console by adding this step.

Soldato
I brought it off another forum. It's brand new and sealed.

Sending it back to a retailer is difficult or not possible unless I contact the guy I purchased it from rather not bother him. Direct to Sony would be best for me.

Soldato
How noisy is it ? Have you tried taking off the side panels and checking the fan. It’s not a silent system but is certainly not noisy. It is however noisier than the Series x.

Soldato
Not taken the sides off not sure how to.

I could do with comparing it to another but don't no anyone that has one.

In the strange area of yeah it quiet but I'm sure it should be better and not make the noise it does especially when just sitting on dashboard.

Soldato
We could probably record an audio file for you, but it would be impossible to ensure consistency across the board. If you chat to Sony I’m sure they’ll be more than helpful.

Soldato

In the strange area of yeah it quiet but I'm sure it should be better and not make the noise it does especially when just sitting on dashboard.

The sides just pop off and are designed to be removed by the user for cleaning and ssd installation.

If you pull up slightly by the PS logo and pull down the side will come away. Lots of YouTube vids if you are unsure but it’s really simple. You can then listen to the fan and see if it’s that causing the noise.

If you have had a Series X for a while then the PS5 will seem loud in comparison.

Soldato
The sad thing is the majority of joes will fill that space and not realize you still need to keep a few 100GB free for the nand cells the rewrite from being old. Otherwise the drive will get slower and slower if they keep it fairly full.

The system manages that automatically, hence the "system reserved space" or whatever it's called.

Soldato

Mine is pretty much silent on the dashboard with slightly higher noise when a game is running, but you have to have the TV muted to hear it at all.

Back
Top Bottom