Path of Exile(diablo clone)

Permabanned
Most people will agree that Diablo doesn't have the weaknesses that PoE has. But many will agree that Diablo's end game is absolute crap. You can literally finish a season under 20hrs from start to finish. Ladder pushing by farming Paragon and Primals is very boring.

Think you misquoted me there but anyway....Diablo, in all its incarnations was over for me once I finished the games. Much preferred POE.

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Bex dropping hints about shapeshifting making it into 3.14

Can't say it interests me at all. Panic button maybe.

D3K

D3K

Soldato

Insider chatter is it's more like an enhanced Ambush league (the one which introduced strongboxes) than the Ritual 2.0 it looks like.

Associate
Might skip this one if it doesn't peak my interest, I put a lot into this league with a single build that was in no way starter viable. It turned out to be the best build I've ever made but it was a slog getting it going.

I'm actually enjoying my time playing through Last Epoch and Median XL Diablo 2 at the moment.

Associate
I'm overloaded with games right now (FFXII, SW: Fallen Order, Outriders on thursday, just reinstalled FFXIV) and might skip this league. All remains to be seen, but it was mostly the new expansion that sold Ritual for me and not the league

Associate
The new league looked a little underwhelming, a bit too similar to Ritual in my eyes and seems like it could be one of those time sink mechanics rather than a speedy encounter each map.

POE 2 is looking pretty nice though and all the changes they announced I'm on board with, Ascendancy looks much better.

Soldato
My main dislike of the first few weeks is the trade site grinding to a halt. They never manage to keep it ticking over.

Looking forward to playing though :)

Associate
Watching the content video now and this actually seems like an appealing league. Unfortunately it clashes with the new MTG set release on Arena which I'm really enjoying drafting so I'm probably going to wait until my win streak on there stops feeding me free drafts before I move over to PoE

I'm thinking EQ Jugg but I haven't looked at patch notes yet

Some of these changes are incredibly good. Itemisation of Atzoatl? BRILLIANT. So often my first temple of a league has Lapidary Lens or other T3 high value rooms when I have absolutely no use for them so I end up with that temple sat there for a week. Also means the death of people selling these rooms as a service. No more having your double corrupted item "vanish" then appear on trade

Last edited:
Associate
If the talent tree system wasn't as huge as it is I reckon I'd enjoy this as I loved playing the Diablo seasons back in the day, I just can't get my head around the massive trees and having to follow a build just to get started

Permabanned
If the talent tree system wasn't as huge as it is I reckon I'd enjoy this as I loved playing the Diablo seasons back in the day, I just can't get my head around the massive trees and having to follow a build just to get started

You dont have to to "just to get started" you can get to the end game with a self build as the story isn't particularly difficult. Its only when you hit the harder stuff you will need to either read guides or tweak your build.

But yeah it can be daunting. :)

Back
Top Bottom