CNN technical directors boasts about network pushing political propaganda

Caporegime
Sooo just as I thought and correctly thought @mmj_uk doing his usual pathetic hit and run posting style.

Absolutely no surprise there :p

As for CNN being biased?? Well duhh majority of media aka tv/internet are all biased to some extent. No doubt the worst of the lot is Fox News but they claim they are an entertainment channel lololol. In reality they are quite the entertaining channel with the constant CT lunacy they spout. But yeh CNN and the other MSM outlets all have their biased approach to reporting. That should be of no real surprise.

Soldato
I think it needs a special kind of ignorance to not consciously be aware of bias in the media.

Your favoured media outlet even if it's a guy in a baseball cap on youtube is your favoured media outlet because of the stories it runs and the angles it takes.

Straight news doesn't get people stirred up and doesn't get the profits. It's the opinion pieces which do because to someone that piece is "telling it like it is" and there's plenty of groups out there to pander to.

G J

G J

Associate
So all one has to do apparently is claim one its just opinion/entertainment and it absolves them of any wrongdoing.

If thats acceptable why didnt Trump do this? :D

Soldato
There are fine details even if you claim you're talking garbage.

Smartmatic, one of the voting system companies currently suing Fox for billions is playing the card that they are not a public figure which greatly raises the bar of what's ok to broadcast about them especially if it's false even if it's an opinion.

Meanwhile the defence of talking garbage is being used as Dominion (the other unhappy voting company) sues Powell, Trumps lawyer for slandering them on 40 occasions. She's actually going with the defence of everything she said being nonsense.

Fun and games out there.

Caporegime
I quite like that.

Other than funding (which I think is entirely within the BBC's remit btw), do you have any issue with the information that the animation is conveying?

Yaah me too.

Shame they didn't mention that virtually every terror attack in the last 5 years was committed by an immigrant or the child of an immigrant.

Or how many times we have been on heightened terror alerts or the number of foiled terrorist plots, for example.

Or that ( especially non eea immigrants populations) typically have unemployment levels 100% higher than the rest of the population.

Or that the cost to police immigrant populations for example in London 25-30% of the crime committed is by immigrant populations etc.

Let's give a full and balanced argument right?

Sure immigration from A8 countries is probably a good thing economically overall but non EEA and extended European immigration is generally a really bad thing.

V F

V F

Soldato
Tango0 and mmj_uk

The two most politically neutral people on the forum....:D

CNN is biased
Fox is biased
Most US networks are biased.

Luckily we live in the UK where (on TV at least) they do have to be mostly impartial. Shame about the tabloid rags who are mostly pro-conservative.

The skys blue and the grass is green. Tell us something we don't already know.

If people believe everything they see on the meda, or read on the internet more fool them.

I guess it may be different for us in the UK though, as we know what our medias like.

Our mainstream news channels loves race baiting.

None of this is surprising and will get brushed under the carpet like similar news. There is no such thing as an impartial news channel, CNN should just be honest with viewers and stop pretending to be a news channel.

If I had a drink, I would have spat it out from all the laughter from Vincent. "Mostly impartial" What a comedian. Should be a standup comedian.

All the news channels are toxic trash. All of them. It's not even entertainment. Any of them.

Caporegime
Our mainstream news channels loves race baiting.

If I had a drink, I would have spat it out from all the laughter from Vincent. "Mostly impartial" What a comedian. Should be a standup comedian.

All the news channels are toxic trash. All of them. It's not even entertainment. Any of them.

I'm glad you are amused.

Meanwhile in the real World, there's literally ofcom guidelines in this country to prevent the likes of Fox News etc

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-a...t-code/section-five-due-impartiality-accuracy

Caporegime
every media source is biased pushing it's own opinion lets face it news papers and media channels basically became a way from the rich to get people to vote for their candidate and to vote for the policies they want.

the news is only about controlling you and how you vote

Soldato
every media source is biased pushing it's own opinion lets face it news papers and media channels basically became a way from the rich to get people to vote for their candidate and to vote for the policies they want.

the news is only about controlling you and how you vote
While true to some extent some are worse than others, saying they all do it is the same rubbish we here all the time WRT politicians, we don't say someone who stole a mars bar from the local corner shop is the same as a mass murder, that they should receive the same punishment, and yet for some reason certain people want to push the idea that they're all as bad as one another.

On the subject of those silly videos, i do find it highly amusing that a sources that's know for being extremely biased, to such an extent that they're well know for selectively editing videos to suite that bias, are accusing another source of bias and being selective in what they air. Even more amusing when you consider they're both businesses that depend on people clicking/viewing what they're publishing to make money.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Or how many times we have been on heightened terror alerts or the number of foiled terrorist plots, for example.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/terrorism-arrests-uk-white-ethnic-b1812288.html

Or that ( especially non eea immigrants populations) typically have unemployment levels 100% higher than the rest of the population.

The numbers aren't that high:-

Migrant men are more likely to be employed than UK-born men (84% vs 79% in 2019). However, among women, migrants are less likely to be in work (67% vs 73%)
https://migrationobservatory.ox.ac....migrants-in-the-uk-labour-market-an-overview/

Or that the cost to police immigrant populations for example in London 25-30% of the crime committed is by immigrant populations etc.

You really need to post your sources because that sounds made up.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Caporegime
Another classic Running Man post! Not realising immigrants are only immigrants for one generation (and if that is not the case, then we're all Saxon/Norman/Frankish/Viking* immigrants any).

*Delete as appropriate.

If your parents are immigrants, then you are a product of immigration and live in an immigrant family whether you like the terminology or not.

When people talk about the success or failure of immigration (past tense) they aren't talking just about those who now reside in the uk but were born abroad but perhaps more than 1 generation of their descendants.

Caporegime
“Arrests of persons of white ethnic appearance accounted for 48 per cent of arrests, up seven percentage points on the previous year. Those of Asian ethnic appearance accounted for 34 per cent of terrorist-related arrests, down five percentage points.”

Uk % of ethnic Asian 7%, yet 34% of arrests are of that group.

The head of UK counter-terror policing has described the far right as the fastest-growing terror threat in the UK, although the majority of attacks and thwarted plots are by jihadis.

The decision was taken by the Joint Terrorism Analysis Centre, which previously lowered the UK terror threat level to substantial in November 2019, weeks before an Islamist extremist murdered two people at a rehabilitation event in London.

It was followed by three other terror attacks in 2020 – in HMP Whitemoor prison, Streatham and Reading – all carried out by serving or released prisoners.

They are among 12 such attacks to have taken place in the UK since March 2017 – 10 Islamist and two far-right

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...ism-arrests-uk-white-ethnic-b1812288.html?amp

Pretty sure there's a tiny minority outstripping every other group in this department.

Back
Top Bottom