New Trainers

Soldato
Thanks for the reply.
I also looked at stadium goods and fight club. Again awful reviews.

I quite like the look of the Nike blazers. Esp the vintage lines. These can be picked up easily. Theres a few Jordan 1s that look amazing but seem impossible to find.

Anyone used bots? Do they work?

Stadium Goods and Fight Club are extremely over priced and you'll get hit with 30% import duty when they arrive. There is an european site called klekt, but its still much cheaper buying from StockX.

Bots do work but don't expect 100% wins, you're completing against a loads of other bots, plus its not a case of simple plug and play, you need to set up the proxy and servers. Loads of videos on this on YouTube.

Caporegime
seems trainers got a lok more ugly in design since I last bought some or you guys have terrible taste

It's what happens when Kanye West decides to try and get some Michael Jordan money. Yeezy and Balenciaga are pretty hideous on the majority but I fear that you could also put a brand name on turd and people would still queue up to hand over thousands for it.

I do like hi-tops that's my personal preference. There's some really nice cloudy blue Jordans in a raffle but I've already got loads of pairs to get through.

Man of Honour
seems trainers got a lok more ugly in design since I last bought some or you guys have terrible taste

I really don't get the trend in trainers lately - sure not everyone likes the kind of styles I do which tend to be fairly bland but far too much is comically clown shoes like bad. But slap a popular brand name on them and everyone wants to shod themselves in some tasteless tack.

Soldato
Yeah but also OCUK will be vocal about anything that isn't a sensible pair of brogues. It's fantastic for tech and practical advice and resources but socially it's a very narrow path. That includes politics, not just fashion.

Also trainers need context. Those above would look garbage on me but my friend Jon would nail them like the young Michael J Fox he is. Obviously they'd look terrible with the OCUK user uniform of unbranded polo shirts and cargo trousers.

Man of Honour
I tend to like bright colours. The last time I checked trainers there was a trend towards softer colours but also drab colours like beiges and greys, which isn’t for me and it was a bit more of a hunt to find something I liked.

Soldato
Are shox still about? I had a pair as a teen, think they were red and grey. Nike Shox TL going by the images seems to be the closest thing to what I had.

They had a limited edition in 2019 of Shox designed by Skepta
skepta-nike-shox-tl-ci0987-001-release-date-2.jpg

Not personally a fan of the Shox but apparently they're comfortable.

I'm in a few raffles for the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG in the sky blue and white - I probably wont win but waiting for the draw next week before I buy any others

I'm starting to get tempted to buy some VapourMax but unsure about what size I should order. Anyone know if they're true to size or worth going half a size up

Soldato
I got some new air max 95's the other the week ill post them later. Not seen the above ones but mine were deffo the TL going by all the shox all over and not just on the heel.

Soldato
I'm in a few raffles for the Air Jordan 1 Retro High OG in the sky blue and white - I probably wont win but waiting for the draw next week before I buy any others
The Hyper Royals? Same here... like 6 I think at last count :D

But I am a dedicated 97 fanboy and to a lesser extent 90s
I can't get on with the 97s but properly love the 90s. They're my jam. I like some high tops but my wife says they look stupid. **** does she know anyway?

I'm signed up for raffles on the university blues, and towelie adidas campuses. On the 29th I'll take a stab at getting some of the Travis Scott Air Jordan 6 "British Khaki" but only for resale tbh

Caporegime
The Hyper Royals? Same here... like 6 I think at last count :D

I can't get on with the 97s but properly love the 90s. They're my jam. I like some high tops but my wife says they look stupid. **** does she know anyway?

I'm signed up for raffles on the university blues, and towelie adidas campuses. On the 29th I'll take a stab at getting some of the Travis Scott Air Jordan 6 "British Khaki" but only for resale tbh

What happens if you win all 6? Would you have to take them then sell them on for a profit I imagine.

Again you say you are trying to get Travis Scott to sell on.

Obviously it's easy money and scalping is looked down upon but I don't understand why they don't just make more to begin with. It's a sweat shop in china. Instead of making 10,000 or whatever just make 100,000 and then Nike get all the money going to scalpers.

Or does the hype and rarity make them more in the long run?

I could never pay more than retail for anything any more. Plus it's not as if there won't be another trainer down the line that's similar for half the price. I remember I bought 2 pairs of Jordans in a sale for like £70 each. Now it seems like they have cottoned on make them rarer people will pay £140 and line up for the next one if they make a profit on some of them.

Soldato
What happens if you win all 6? Would you have to take them then sell them on for a profit I imagine.

Chances are you will win none, they resell for almost £400. Buying hyped trainers is near impossible.

And for your other question, this video explains it...If supply meant demand, there would be no demand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom