Marvel Studios: The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.

Soldato
Thinking he will come to the fore to take the mantel from John Walker

The whole series has been designed so that us, the viewers, will accept Anthony Mackie as the new Captain America when he shows up in subsequent movies because we all know how it will end. But frankly, I don't think it's needed or wanted. As a character, he's already a superhero in his own right and he seems very comfortable and happy with his current superhero persona.

Why is there a desperate need to have a replacement Captain America? Legacies should be respected and allowed to pass. And new symbols come out all the time, what did people do before Captain America existed?

Associate
.... But frankly, I don't think it's needed or wanted....
Why is there a desperate need to have a replacement Captain America? Legacies should be respected and allowed to pass. And new symbols come out all the time, what did people do before Captain America existed?

Because Nerds across the globe need new Funk-o-pops to prop up their non existent graphics cards? :cry:

Same reason that The Power Rangers got new Zords every year... $$$.. That was my life in the early 90's much to my parents dismay every birthday / christmas ... sure its the same thing here.

Man of Honour
I watch the first episode of this and just like many of the Marvel films it was sooooooo dull. Mind achingly boring. I just don’t get it at all. Just feels utterly weightless, as if nothing matters / it’s all meaningless.

Falcon is just such a crap superhero.

Hard pass on watching any more.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I watch the first episode of this and just like many of the Marvel films it was sooooooo dull. Mind achingly boring. I just don’t get it at all. Just feels utterly weightless, as if nothing matters / it’s all meaningless.

Falcon is just such a crap superhero.

Hard pass on watching any more.

I too thought the first episode was rubbish but I stuck with it, I definitely enjoyed episodes 3 and 4 more, 4 especially.

Falcon is terrible, thankfully it feels like Bucky has more air time.

Soldato
I liked this weeks Implicitly Pretentious on Episode 4 of Falcon and the Winter Soldier. The creator is obviously a fairly competent psychology student and I do enjoy his analysis.

Man of Honour
What a surprise... this comment aged poorly.

Because yes of course Marvel would have made such an error and an internet forum poster would have discovered this obvious mistake.

Haven't watched any of it but those kind of errors aren't uncommon even from Marvel.

Primarily my comments were about the trailer where a clip of pistol calibre loaded rounds bouncing off a stone floor are slipped into the segment of him shielding against a rifle calibre helicopter mounted weapon as if the two were linked - at best it is cheap and lazy editing on the part of whoever produced the trailer unless something in the show is more revealing.

Last edited:
Associate
Haven't watched any of it but those kind of errors aren't uncommon even from Marvel.

Primarily my comments were about the trailer where a clip of pistol calibre loaded rounds bouncing off a stone floor are slipped into the segment of him shielding against a rifle calibre helicopter mounted weapon as if the two were linked - at best it is cheap and lazy editing on the part of whoever produced the trailer unless something in the show is more revealing.

It’s literally just footage used to convey some excitement and mood.

Absolutely no need to nitpick it like this. Firstly it was about the mistake of ‘spent’ ammo hitting the ground, now it’s about the choice of which clips have been edited together in a preview trailer?

By your logic of consistency, I’m not even sure how you expect that a stone floor is magically inside a helicopter, or that casings would group so tightly if they fell from the sky?

Come on... this was needlessly critical.

In the end, absolutely there is a scene in the most recent episode than intentionally shows the bullets hitting the floor and for good reason.

Man of Honour
It’s literally just footage used to convey some excitement and mood.

Absolutely no need to nitpick it like this. Firstly it was about the mistake of ‘spent’ ammo hitting the ground, now it’s about the choice of which clips have been edited together in a preview trailer?

By your logic of consistency, I’m not even sure how you expect that a stone floor is magically inside a helicopter, or that casings would group so tightly if they fell from the sky?

Come on... this was needlessly critical.

In the end, absolutely there is a scene in the most recent episode than intentionally shows the bullets hitting the floor and for good reason.

It is a bit of an odd scene to include on its own - my criticism was of the trailer as much as the show itself - sometimes trailer scenes don't even appear in the release cut of a movie or show anyhow.

It is cheap and lazy editing - wouldn't have taken long at all even from scratch to model a simple helicopter interior and some 5.56 or 7.62 casings - even just produced and rendered in Unity or Unreal - never mind plenty of stock assets for that in the industry.

Soldato
Really enjoyed it but did they have to make the GDC/government comically evil? They seem to be trying to go for the whole 'grey' area thing with the terrorist group but when their enemy is literally "round them up and ship them off" and "Experiment on and kill the black super soliders because they're black" kind of evil it completely falls flat. Personally I'm team Harry Kane, **** 'em up lad.

Back
Top Bottom