What film did you watch last night?

Man of Honour
Love and Monsters

HZkPVdcm.jpg

Something different from my recent ‘brooding’ choices... a light post-apocalyptic comedy!

This is an extremely ‘safe’ film but nevertheless rather fun and better than I anticipated. It has a vibe very similar to ‘How To Train Your Dragon’, but more sweary and with a better variety of fun beasties. Add a touch of ‘Zombieland’ survivalism and you get the idea. Plus there’s a fun, lovable derg.

If you’re up for something fun without it needing to be groundbreaking or heavy, I think this is a good shout. The score below should be considered in the context of the type of film that it is.

8/10

Soldato
I was going to watch 'love and monsters' but we watch 'Jiu Jitsu'

What a mistake, I give it a 0/10, lower if possible. No story, bad camera work on fight scenes, just no idea why they made it.

Caporegime
The Tag-Along 2. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6295898/

I saw this mentioned a few pages back.

I've enjoyed the eastern horror movies of late so although I didn't watch much of it last night, I will definitely carry on with it this evening as it looks to be rather good so far.

When I resume watching a film that I started the night before, then I'm usually on to something pretty good.

Soldato
The Marksman - 3/10 - It almost feels like Liam Neeson is dropping to Segal levels with this film, it's that bad. It's a basic rehash of a story told a million time and almost everyone of those was better than this. Neeson looks knackered (not the character but the actor), the plot is worn out, the film is low energy anyway which doesn't help and none of the characters in the "character driven" film make you care about them, it's just a bit poor allround.

Man of Honour
The Tag-Along 2. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6295898/

I saw this mentioned a few pages back.

I've enjoyed the eastern horror movies of late so although I didn't watch much of it last night, I will definitely carry on with it this evening as it looks to be rather good so far.

When I resume watching a film that I started the night before, then I'm usually on to something pretty good.

What was that on? I enjoyed Tag Along 1 and having been looking to watch the 2nd one as it continues the story with some of the characters from the first film.

Caporegime
Six Minutes to Midnight - 4/10

Interesting story, but very oddly executed. It started out fairly well, but then it seemed like the director couldn't work out whether it wanted to be a camp carry on type yarn or a serious historical drama. Some of the chase scenes with Izard's character were just bizarre.

The whole thing just felt weird in places, and sadly i think with some different direction and a more serious tone, it could have been pretty good.

Caporegime
Love and Monster

A hero's journey set against a wonderfully nonsensical post-apocalyptic world with delightfully creative insects, toads, crabs, etc. as scaled up monsters. Drags a bit in the middle, but there's enough fun in there to make it enjoyable.

Fun enough 7/10.

Back
Top Bottom