Replacing bathroom downlights (GU10 fittings)

Soldato
Hi all,

Looking for some help, I need to change the downlight fixtures in my two bathrooms as they're seized up which means I can't replace the bulbs.

These look like they'd do the job, are sufficiently IP rated and are cheap enough:
https://www.screwfix.com/p/lap-fixed-led-downlight-white-370lm-5w-220-240v/9815v

With my current lights they're in two parts, the bulb holder/bezel and then a GU10 fitting which is just dangling, but most of the new ones I've seen are a sealed unit. Would it just be a case of cutting the GU10 fitting off and terminating the cables into the new fixtures, or am I missing something? I won't be daisy chaining them as it doesn't appear that's how my current ones are wired.

Some photos of my current ones here:

jysfik2h.jpg

8oVkjUYh.jpg

Thanks very much.

Soldato
Pretty much and you terminate into the transformer which will have to obviously go through that hole too. I bought similar to those and fitted them Saturday. Seem fine for the price. Sufficiently waterproof for any bathroom application.

Soldato
Exactly as described, cut the old cable off, terminate into the little junction box attached to the new downlights and then daisy chain to the next one (or terminate each one individually if you've got the cables already there for them). I've got the chrome ones of these all round the house.

Back
Top Bottom