• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Going to return the Xbox Wireless Headset. Just isn't comfortable for me; too small. If anyone is after one, I've put it up on the MM. If nobody bites then I'll send it back on Tuesday.

Associate
A lot of people probably know this but I ordered a Series X with 2 years of Xbox Live and Ultimate Game Pass from 4Gadgets on Thursday night and DHL delivered at on Sunday morning. As far as I am aware they are the only retailer with Series X in stock and ready to ship as of right now.

It’s a pay monthly setup at 0% interest but if you’re not a fan of 0% interest deals then you have the option to pay it back either in part or full early.

Soldato
A lot of people probably know this but I ordered a Series X with 2 years of Xbox Live and Ultimate Game Pass from 4Gadgets on Thursday night and DHL delivered at on Sunday morning. As far as I am aware they are the only retailer with Series X in stock and ready to ship as of right now.

It’s a pay monthly setup at 0% interest but if you’re not a fan of 0% interest deals then you have the option to pay it back either in part or full early.
We are aware
Smyths and Game also sell it this way. Its an official Microsoft service called all access.

Soldato
Why isn't there more officially supported keyboards and mice, with the Razor Turret the only official option its pricey and I'm not a huge fan of Mechanical switches that are clacky because I would also need to use the keyboard for work with my Xbox on a desk being used a monitor that's also used for work. Also its geared toward couch gaming with a pull out mouse matt etc which I would never use.

Is there any more officially supported sets due in the future? I would ideally want Wireless that uses the Xbox wireless protocol but there doesnt look to be any other option. Seems odd because I follow a few # on Instagram and the the amount of people that post consoles on desk setups is considerable and no where near as niche as I thought it would be including Playstation

I'm getting better at using a pad in FPS but I still find it annoying at times, hopefully this will pass because keyboard and mouse support isnt as good as I hoped it would be

Soldato
I'm not sure about officially supported KB&M but I just plugged in my work pc basic hp keyboard and mouse when I wanted to try it out for a couple of games and worked fine with Cold War Zombies. I'm too used to gaming pads now and don't really have a comfortable setup for KM&M but its nice to have the option.

Soldato
Why isn't there more officially supported keyboards and mice, with the Razor Turret the only official option its pricey and I'm not a huge fan of Mechanical switches that are clacky because I would also need to use the keyboard for work with my Xbox on a desk being used a monitor that's also used for work. Also its geared toward couch gaming with a pull out mouse matt etc which I would never use.

Is there any more officially supported sets due in the future? I would ideally want Wireless that uses the Xbox wireless protocol but there doesnt look to be any other option. Seems odd because I follow a few # on Instagram and the the amount of people that post consoles on desk setups is considerable and no where near as niche as I thought it would be including Playstation

I'm getting better at using a pad in FPS but I still find it annoying at times, hopefully this will pass because keyboard and mouse support isnt as good as I hoped it would be

Because it's still a sore subject for the console community.

Most players don't want to be lumped in against keyboard players when stuck with a controller. It's forced in some games like COD Warzone where your mixed with both Xbox and PC players and it's not very fair.

If a game allows it then I think the option to not be matched with any console that detects a KB & Mouse to it so it's fair. I think quite a few games are hesitant to allow access as to not upset their player base.

Soldato

Logitech's stuff definitely works with Xbox. Both the standard Logitech range (with the unifying receiver) and the G range (using Lightspeed dongles). If you want to switch between PC and Xbox and aren't using the PC for gaming anymore then this should a straightforward set-up; bluetooth for PC, dongles for Xbox, and just toggle between the two.

Soldato

Most players don't want to be lumped in against keyboard players when stuck with a controller. It's forced in some games like COD Warzone where your mixed with both Xbox and PC players and it's not very fair.

If a game allows it then I think the option to not be matched with any console that detects a KB & Mouse to it so it's fair. I think quite a few games are hesitant to allow access as to not upset their player base.

Ah yeah I did read a bit about this a while back and it does seem a problem for online FPS which is understandable.

I think if you use a keyboard and mouse on a console you should be put with other console keyboard and mouse players but not PC so as not to put with hackers but then would mean a lot less players to lobby with so it won't work

I don't play online FPS as much anymore so its really with the intention of using it in single player games.

Logitech's stuff definitely works with Xbox. Both the standard Logitech range (with the unifying receiver) and the G range (using Lightspeed dongles). If you want to switch between PC and Xbox and aren't using the PC for gaming anymore then this should a straightforward set-up; bluetooth for PC, dongles for Xbox, and just toggle between the two.

Cheers, I would definitely want it to connect to the Xbox directly, really can't be bothered with dongles and stuff, one of the reasons I went with a console and sold off my PC was simplicity

I'll just stick with the pad unless a new officially supported keyboard and mouse gets released I think. I'm definitely improving with a controller in FPS hopefully I'll just forget about it eventually

Unrelated, do you use your NR200 build as much now you have an Xbox?

Soldato

I've found this to be utter nonsense really. I get better K/D and score when in cross play than I do against xbox only. You can see the input method next to the platform icon whilst in the lobby and it totally favours controller players because they have aim assist. I played BLOPS2 on PC and found it much easier against other k&m players where you actually have to manually aim than I do against someone with a controller in Cold War literally waving their gun around anywhere and it sticking to me and them getting the kill. So frustrating. It's aimbot really.

The Turret is an excellent piece of kit but only for the couch.

Soldato
I've found this to be utter nonsense really. I get better K/D and score when in cross play than I do against xbox only. You can see the input method next to the platform icon whilst in the lobby and it totally favours controller players because they have aim assist. I played BLOPS2 on PC and found it much easier against other k&m players where you actually have to manually aim than I do against someone with a controller in Cold War literally waving their gun around anywhere and it sticking to me and them getting the kill. So frustrating. It's aimbot really.

Oh I don't play COD so it really doesn't bother me. I just know it's a problem for some, there's even a guy on here who plays nothing but CoD and he switched from Series X to PS5 just so he didn't have to crossplay with PC users.

End of the day I think people just want the choice to not play against K&M users when using a controller. If that was the case and matchmaking could be limited to same setups then it wouldn't matter as much but most game won't make K&M work because there is such a big backlash.

Soldato
Cheers, I would definitely want it to connect to the Xbox directly, really can't be bothered with dongles and stuff, one of the reasons I went with a console and sold off my PC was simplicity

I'll just stick with the pad unless a new officially supported keyboard and mouse gets released I think. I'm definitely improving with a controller in FPS hopefully I'll just forget about it eventually

Unrelated, do you use your NR200 build as much now you have an Xbox?

When I gave it a go earlier, the experience was just plug & play. Popped the dongles in to the USB ports, booted the Xbox, and it recognised my G613 and G603 as a keyboard and mouse as soon as it woke. No messing around with drivers or proprietary software, or all the nonsense you get on PC.

As for the question, I barely use the Xbox. It's upstairs in the living room/kids play room. And I just prefer my office. Tried moving the Xbox downstairs, but the Series S doesn't hold up that well against my PC, especially on a 21:9 monitor. So it got even less use. But if used GPU prices keep rising, I might sell up. As it is, I could buy a Series X and a half decent 4K TV for what this rig is worth, and then just use my laptop for work.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

I absolutely trashed people when I swapped from pad to a mouse, it was disgusting even the all the aim assist pad users have. You just can’t compare them.

I swapped back as it was clearly cheating.

Soldato
As for the question, I barely use the Xbox. It's upstairs in the living room/kids play room. And I just prefer my office. Tried moving the Xbox downstairs, but the Series S doesn't hold up that well against my PC, especially on a 21:9 monitor. So it got even less use. But if used GPU prices keep rising, I might sell up. As it is, I could buy a Series X and a half decent 4K TV for what this rig is worth, and then just use my laptop for work.

I don't blame you, sold mine to cash in back in February and prices have gone up even more since then, won't be recovering any time soon by the looks of things either and I'm really happy with the Xbox for now it suits my lifestyle better not having to mess around with things and I'm enjoying just gaming

Only problem I've got is I have to game at a desk on a monitor hence my keyboard and mouse query, I can't wait to be able to get a OLED HDR TV and play on that and a couch but just don't have the room at the moment.

I'll look into the Logitech stuff, thanks

Back
Top Bottom