neighbour letting out his shed... in lockdown...

Soldato
We're looking to have some work done on ours and the neighbours next to us (we are semi-detached) are fine with it, to top it off, we approached them when we moved in we told them about our eldest lad, who has ADHD and ASD and who is loud and crazy and has meltdowns etc, (we were worried about ******* them off) especially as they are an elderly couple BUT she worked 30 years or so with special needs children, knows all about them and how to deal with them..... they have been great with our kids. Our 3 year old is a different matter all together..... couldn't ask for better

Soldato
Councils take reports of people letting out sheds pretty seriously because of the links to modern day slavery etc. If you report it, I’d expect that they will visit in some form of capacity fairly quickly.

Caporegime
And he has been avoiding social distancing...
And he said bad things about non white members of the ABC community
And he once thought about blowing up the house of commons.

Your neighbour is a very naughty boy.

Soldato
Don't you need things like safety certification, insurance, and/or some kind of income tax declaration when renting places out?
Perhaps you should check with all the relevant regulatory agencies? "Asking for my neighbour" sort of thing?

Also, if it comes to it - It's a shed. It's made of wood. Wood is flammable. Accidents happen...

Soldato
Don't you need things like safety certification, insurance, and/or some kind of income tax declaration when renting places out?
Perhaps you should check with all the relevant regulatory agencies? "Asking for my neighbour" sort of thing?

Also, if it comes to it - It's a shed. It's made of wood. Wood is flammable. Accidents happen...
Nah.

Anyone can just list on airBNB

Caporegime
Councils take reports of people letting out sheds pretty seriously because of the links to modern day slavery etc. If you report it, I’d expect that they will visit in some form of capacity fairly quickly.

I highly doubt it's a shed.

It will be a log cabin.

There's log cabins in the south of France that cost millions of pounds. So it's not really anything like a shed apart from it's made of wood.

Unless it is a shed but I doubt the average person would know what is a shed and what isn't

Soldato
I'd report him.

He sounds like a very weak man. Instead of having a conversation about your renovation times i.e. maybe you was starting too early and waking him up, or finishing too late and he couldnt get to sleep, he instead preferred to brood like a lil man fly building up his hatred of you.

I'd report him and keep an eye on him making any minor fault in the future.

Soldato
Please update the thread once you have reported him - Love hearing about **** like this getting their just desserts.

Soldato
I don’t understand why there are so many “karma” or “just desserts” stances.

It seems pretty clear cut- he was entitled to complain and report concerns and did. OP is entitled to complain and report concerns and will do so.

Soldato
Sounds like he didn't just complain and report concerns but also trespassed unless I am mistaken.

I don’t understand why there are so many “karma” or “just desserts” stances.

It seems pretty clear cut- he was entitled to complain and report concerns and did. OP is entitled to complain and report concerns and will do so.

fez

fez

Caporegime
One thing to bear in mind is that if you ever go to sell your property you will be asked to disclose any issues you have had with neighbours. If you have just hated them then you don't have to disclose that. If you have made any formal complaints about them you have to disclose them.

I certainly would think twice about buying a house next door to someone who has a vendetta with the current resident.

Back
Top Bottom