Mourinho Sacked

fez

fez

Caporegime
Chairman in backing manager shocker? things change quickly in football but ok then, maybe just didn't want another season of failure on his CV.

Yeah, the number of times we have seen "I support our manager 110% and we are building for the future" and then the next day "we thank X for his hard work and tireless enthusiasm and wish him well for the future".

Permabanned
klopp next

175171623_10158368034932730_8623927409379955686_n.jpg

Soldato
klopp next

snip

Until I see that from an even remotely verifiable source I'll be hugely sceptical, much as I'd like to think players and managers will take a stand.

Klopp's interesting due to his affinity to the German league and the stance that those clubs are taking. You can imagine him coming across as a sellout at home if he manages in that league, and he's never come across like that. There was a really good story I read about him a while back, where he was negotiating his first deal as a manager, and was asked about a signing on bonus, and he just pointed to someone's trainers and said "I'd like a pair of those".

fez

fez

Caporegime
I would be amazed if Klopp would resign but if he does, good on him. Would be happy if Ole did the same but I can't say thats entirely altruistic as I don't want him as our manager long term as it is.

Man of Honour
Mourinho being sacked was inevitable but the timing seems mad. Love him or hate him, in one off games he's still capable of pulling a rabbit out of the hat and Spurs are a week away from a Cup final.
I reckon it's the classic politicians move, hide your controversial news on day when there is a much bigger story doing the rounds.

Interesting to see what his next move will be, he's managed 3 of the big 6 English clubs, and you'd imagine it would be difficult for him to go to MC or Arsenal given his affiliation with their local rivals. Similarly you can't envisage him rocking up at Barca. PSG would be a kind of obvious move, but it's not long since they appointed Poch, so the timing doesn't really work.

Soldato
Very strange to sack him just before a final! I don't know what to make of it... I wonder if the rumor's about a fall out over the super league are true!

Back
Top Bottom