The New European Super (borefest) League

Soldato
Bielsa (from the BBC Sport website):

Leeds boss Marcelo Bielsa to Sky Sports: "This doesn't surprise me. The most superior teams have managed their superiority through competition. When they no longer need them to win money they discard what they no longer need. This is a very common thing, not only in football. It shouldn't surprise us.

"The fundamental problem is the rich always aspire to be more rich without considering the consequences for the rest. As they gain more power they start demanding more privilege over the rest.

"The most powerful are powerful because of what they bring but the rest are dispensable. What makes competition great is the possibility for one of those weak teams to develop, not the big teams playing each other. But the logic of the world at the moment and in football is not outside this - that the powerful become more rich as a consequence of the weak becoming more poor. If this was is what guides the world at the moment why is there such astonishment. This shouldn't surprise us. It was something that was coming."

Give that man a knighthood and put him in charge

Soldato
I wonder how much it would cost for the government to buy out 51% of every football club in the premier league?

Nothing, they can introduce a new law and force a sale. Governments don't have to play fair. Now there can be fail out as it might effect other investments. But that would probably be limited in this sport based case.

Soldato
Is that because you're not on commentary tonight?

Exactly that mate. Taken a break from Twitter but I'll be back on the radio soon. Don't you worry about that.

Nothing, they can introduce a new law and force a sale. Governments don't have to play fair. Now there can be fail out as it might effect other investments. But that would probably be limited in this sport based case.

Lmao.

Soldato
That's simply incorrect. Governments have to follow due process as (eg) the Gina Miller case showed

Edit: sorry, that should say government in this country.

Soldato
I'm not sure I understand the first part of your post. Parish sat back and watched Palace go into administration when Simon Jordan was trying to give the club away. He ended up buying the club out of admin for peanuts and subsequently sold off a big stake to American investors for a huge profit. I agree with the 2nd part, he will do what's best for Palace, up to and including standing on the throat of EFL sides if it benefits Palace. The issue I have is when he comes on the tv and moralises about the big 6 doing the same to Palace as Palace do to those below them.

He sat back as Simon Jordan didn't own the ground, he only owned the club. Parish believed the only way for the club to survive was if he owned its own ground again and the only way to reunite the club and ground was to buy them both during administration.

Soldato
That's simply incorrect. Governments have to follow due process as (eg) the Gina Miller case showed

Edit: sorry, that should say government in this country.

That wouldn't be the case, as the Gina Miller case was challenging the authority of the govemnerment to implement Brexit without approval from parliament.

This would be done with approval from parliament, so we are not, not following due process.

Caporegime
Seen some of my fellow Arsenal fans on Twitter saying how this will bring money into the club and our transfer budget will be massive.

they’re deluded. The only reason Kroenke spends money is so that he can get us back at the top table where he can earn more. If he’s guaranteed to be at that table every year regardless of performance, there is no way he’ll spend big on players. If anything, he’ll spend less. Trophies do not matter to him, just cash. Absolute parasite.

Soldato
Government should immediately ban ALL UK clubs from playing abroad, or make it REALLY difficult for them to get our of the country to play.

Also, isn't there some angle of cartel/anti-competitive legal grounds to stick a spanner in the works?

Spurs? Super? Lol, the last time they won the league my grandad was playing in the division.

Soldato

Imagine they get crowned it in some mad way only for them to join the ESL :D:D:cry::cry:

Dortmund and Munich have a month to decide. PSG two weeks presumably because of the Semi final although that might not even matter

I think they will all join eventually to be honest. If this gets legs then they surely wont want to be left behind. I get the moral aspect but ultimately....they are all businesses.

Soldato
Imagine they get crowned it in some mad way only for them to join the ESL :D:D:cry::cry:

Dortmund and Munich have a month to decide. PSG two weeks presumably because of the Semi final although that might not even matter

I think they will all join eventually to be honest. If this gets legs then they surely wont want to be left behind. I get the moral aspect but ultimately....they are all businesses.

If the German fans say no, that's it. If they are as passionate as us, then no chance.

Would bolster the current CL having the Germans and French staying put.

Soldato
Been on Lincs FM pretty much all day. Only an hourish drive for me as well. I wonder if that includes old kits as well :p

Big drive for me as I'm now one of those Utd fans that lives down south :p but I do have pretty much every home shirt from the Fergie era that I would maybe chose one to sacrifice out of principal.

Caporegime
If the German fans say no, that's it. If they are as passionate as us, then no chance.

Would bolster the current CL having the Germans and French in.

It is the beginning of the end I am afraid. The Super League is just the beginning.

It is the same with the World cup. Super League will make their own version. The endgame of this is basically the super rich Americans gaining control of world football.

Back
Top Bottom