The New European Super (borefest) League

Don
He sat back as Simon Jordan didn't own the ground, he only owned the club. Parish believed the only way for the club to survive was if he owned its own ground again and the only way to reunite the club and ground was to buy them both during administration.
I think that's a little generous on Parish, it wasn't the only way, it was the cheapest way. It doesn't change the fact that Parish has profited hugely through owning Palace.

Caporegime
Where is that LOL button? :D

Is it really that difficult to see? If all super league players are banned by Fifa they will just end up making their own world cup. The Premier League is linked to the FA which in turn are both linked to UEFA and FIFA. The end game is for the Glazers to own world football and be one of the richest people living.

FIFA are hardly a decent outfit are they? QATAR in 2022 is the biggest fraud in the last 100 years of football. Too be honest all the organisations have themselves to blame as they allowed all these dodgy people to take over football clubs.

Associate
How much will they charge for a half time ad and will this signal a big increase in the fortunes of the foam finger manufacturers?

Will I be watching the final wondering when Lady Gaga is on?

Forget Lady Gaga, the half time show can be the winner of the European Song Contest.

Anyone know if ESL will keep VAR?

Caporegime
To the uninitiated, this seems a little like the formation of the Premier League, only it obviously affects all of Europe rather than just England - why are people more upset about this?

Also a genuine question - but why are the government talking about banning such a move? What have they got to do with private business, other than ensuring things aren't a monopoly? If - as some have mooted - a franchise system like the NFL comes to fruition, thats surely the decision of the business, isn't it?

Caporegime
I'm not sure what you class as a genuine fan Rob. David Moores was a Liverpool fan, I'm guessing that a load of the old Arsenal shareholders were too.
I’m really taking about majority ownership. And a genuine fan is one that is a fan from a young age and would gladly give up vast amounts of money to see his club win trophies.

Soldato
To the uninitiated, this seems a little like the formation of the Premier League, only it obviously affects all of Europe rather than just England - why are people more upset about this?

Also a genuine question - but why are the government talking about banning such a move? What have they got to do with private business, other than ensuring things aren't a monopoly? If - as some have mooted - a franchise system like the NFL comes to fruition, thats surely the decision of the business, isn't it?

Re the government issue. Well there's not a lot they can do tbh. RE comparing it to the premier League...since when was that a closed book? If Liverpool finish 20th next season they get relegated. It isn't comparable.

Caporegime

Because it’s a closed shop.

Caporegime
Re the government issue. Well there's not a lot they can do tbh. RE comparing it to the premier League...since when was that a closed book? If Liverpool finish 20th next season they get relegated. It isn't comparable.
Apologies - I'm sure I'd read somewhere that the PL wanted to get rid of relegation or something. Ok its not quite the same as a closed book then, granted.

Soldato
That wouldn't be the case, as the Gina Miller case was challenging the authority of the govemnerment to implement Brexit without approval from parliament.

This would be done with approval from parliament, so we are not, not following due process.
Yeah fair point, although there's absolutely no chance of parliament approving it though

Soldato
They are only able to even think of doing this because of the history of the game, it's fans and the competitions that we have had for so long and the popularity that's grown around the world because of it. If they did this from scratch without any of that it would be worth nothing.

The beauty of THIS game, is that you can win it all, lose it all, then come back from the brink and win it again. It's euphoric when experienced. Making it a closed shop destroys this simple beauty and sanitises it to a business transaction - none of it will matter if you can't lose. Losing is just as important as the winning.

Soldato
Is it really that difficult to see? If all super league players are banned by Fifa they will just end up making their own world cup. The Premier League is linked to the FA which in turn are both linked to UEFA and FIFA. The end game is for the Glazers to own world football

When the ESL is not recognised by any football governing body, how do they expect to acquire any new players. Wait until they've all become free agents?

Soldato
Apologies - I'm sure I'd read somewhere that the PL wanted to get rid of relegation or something. Ok its not quite the same as a closed book then, granted.

It's not just he closed book part which is bad, the starring line up is a **** take. Arsenal and Tottenham. If this was any other line of business forming a top 15 business cartel, that restricts competition from other companies there would be real world consequences for the owners. Because it's sport they can get away with it.

Yeah fair point, although there's absolutely no chance of parliament approving it though

All depends how many votes they think they can get out of it. :D

Back
Top Bottom