Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [16th - 22nd April 2021]

Soldato
I mean, just look at that - a team that was all but destroyed by their relegation and they've come back over the years, with immense heartache in between, and snatched a draw against the current champions. A super league closed shop joke borefest will render these tales to the history books.

Soldato
It's actually disappointing from Klopp. He's deflecting. The two sets of management and players should be side by side against this.

There's only one player out of both both squads that I feel wants this to happen.

Caporegime
Not sure why he's having a pop at Neville, they're basically in agreement.
He clearly doesn't like him. I'm sure Neville said injuries were an excuse earlier in the season and I get the impression Klopp hasn't forgotten that.

Uhh? Is he backing the super league?
No. Neville made a comment about our anthem last night and it sounded like an attack on the club rather than the owners. Neville apologised and clarified his stance earlier but Klopp won't have heard that.

Don
Not sure why he's having a pop at Neville, they're basically in agreement.
They're in agreement regarding the Super League, what's annoyed Klopp was the comments Neville made at the end of his rant yesterday. It was possibly unintended and he did apologise for it pre-game today (which Klopp wouldn't have been aware of) but Neville didn't just criticise our owners but made digs at the wider club and "people of Liverpool". In the same way Rashford, Ole or you are not responsible for the actions of the Glazers, Henderson, Klopp and Pigeon aren't responsible for the actions of FSG.

edit: basically what Pigeon says above :o

Soldato
Chelsea on tomorrow. Let’s see what their players have to say about it. Tuchel s already rolled over and his tummy tickled, let’s see if the players have got any backbone about them.

Given none of the players were made aware of this new proposal, I am hoping they all reject the super league. No players, no league.

Who wants to win the ESL trophy over the Premier League, FA Cup or CL?

fez

fez

Caporegime
Wait....it's replacing the CL? I thought it was going to try run it as well as the CL .. oh man

They want to keep the domestic leagues running but replace midweek games with the Super League. There would be no room for the CL. I guess the CL can still run with teams not in the SL but it won't really be the CL then.

The big fear is that teams won't take the league seriously because there is no reward outside of the money for wining the PL or getting top 4. It will take all the drama out of the PL and there is a good chance teams will play second string players at time in the PL to prioritise the SL.

Thats why the PL/CL are threatening to kick these teams to the curb. They are panicking.

Back
Top Bottom