The New European Super (borefest) League

Soldato
Sky isn't owned by the Murdoch empire any more is it?

Not in name. Big Murdock is now Newscorp and Sky is independent but they still have interests.

Don't forget, whilst Murdock owned Sky, he tried to buy and ended up owning 10% of Manchester United (because he was stopped from buying more). That was okay apparently.

Football has been irretrievably corrupt since 1992.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sky isn't owned by the Murdoch empire any more is it?
I think it's majority comcast but doesn't murdoch still have some stake, just not the controlling one?

Edit: I can't find a clear answer, but some old media reports of 2018 suggest 21CFox was going to sell all its stake. If that happened Sky sports might now be fully US Comcast owned instead. So it's again the American money. In which case the snakes are fighting among themselves it would seem and that's that Murdoch link argument undermined, unless he did retain a personal stake somehow (outside of 21CFox).

Last edited:
Soldato
The government can pass laws that companies have to obey. It's really quite simple. Pass laws that affect the companies they want to target, and structure them in such a way they affect most the companies most needing it. I struggle to see how you're struggling with this.
I'm fully aware of what they can pass but you can't just pick on a group of private companies and decide they have to obide by a certain set of laws that others don't lmao. Using Amazon and Uber as an example absolutely killed your argument btw.

They cant and won't do anything.

Soldato
I'm fully aware of what they can pass but you can't just pick on a group of private companies and decide they have to obide by a certain set of laws that others don't lmao. Using Amazon and Uber as an example absolutely killed your argument btw.

They cant and won't do anything.
you pass it for all football clubs. It only affects the ones breaking away. The others which aren't won't suffer. Uber: The GLA and London Mayor passed local laws that caused them to overhaul their systems. That wasn't even national legislation. Do tell me why it's a bad example.

Soldato
Someone paid to make sure extra time goes until Utd score and award Barca free kicks everytime Messi gets his heel clipped.

Same as it ever was is probably right.

Although the Manchester Refs academy (which is real) might have to look a little lower for their jobs.

Soldato
England's new look team to play in the Euro's

----------------------------Pope--------------------------
Lamptey----Mings------Tarkowski---Justin
---------Bellingham----------Rice---------------------
Sancho-------------Maddison-----------Grealish
-------------------------Watkins-------------------------

Barnes, Ings, Adarabioyo, Bertrand, Bamford, Coady, Ward-Prowse

Not a bad team indeed.

Associate
the players won't be too knackered to play, becasue the players that the fans would expect to see playing Premier League matches won't get played, those teams in the ESL will just play crappy reserve / youth teams and save their big guns for the ESL.
And that's different to now how? Pep does it either side of a Champions League game all the time. Teams have been fielding weak sides in domestic cup competitions for 15+ years.

Caporegime
OP
Perez has been doing an interview on Spanish TV.

I know the guy is a bit eccentric but it's mind blowing the **** he has been talking.

Back
Top Bottom