What's the most expensive item you've put in the rubbish?

Caporegime
I'm curious since I see a lot of scavengers roaming around checking peoples bin bags around here.
it's not even a nice place to live so I dunno what they expect to find.
also seems to be theft even if it's someones rubbish bag according to google

but it got me thinking so, whats the most expensive thing you've purposely thrown in the trash?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Are you doing some research to see if it's worth your time joining them?
No I'd be too embarrassed and I'd assume 95% of bin bags only contain household waste

it's not much above collecting cigarette butts off the street to make a roll up

Permabanned
I just throw pretty much everything out because of consumerism. I buy crap I don't even want or need just to keep the system going for you. 99% it's still in the delivery box. Sometimes when I see the card saying it's stored in a wheelie bin I think... why waste and evening. Might as well just leave it there.

But seriously once I year I throw between 3 and 5 hundred pounds in 10 notes in a crowd just to see the reaction

Soldato
I just throw pretty much everything out because of consumerism. I buy crap I don't even want or need just to keep the system going for you. 99% it's still in the delivery box. Sometimes when I see the card saying it's stored in a wheelie bin I think... why waste and evening. Might as well just leave it there.

But seriously once I year I throw between 3 and 5 hundred pounds in 10 notes in a crowd just to see the reaction
What?

Soldato
it's not much above collecting cigarette butts off the street to make a roll up

Used to see this probably every other day in central london around 2am or so, pre-covid anyway, see very few homeless nowadays.

Last weekend groups of tipsy drunk people, with the solo drunk's appearing around the 3am onwards.

One guy makes an "okay sign" and asks me if i know what that is.. Told him "your wife". I miss these people and fear I have lost my wit. But I am proud of that comment so that's a boast :)

Other guy told me he he does not like peanuts but i couldnt think of anything :(

That is the type of idiot i encounter daily.

The amount of kids you see walking around at night is completely unchanged during the entire lockdown, pretty much they are the majority previous to this weekend, mostly tracksuit attire, but none are jogging :)

Soldato
I remember running out of patience with a DFI motherboard a decade or so back, it was just so finnicky and unstable and fussy with what components you used in it. I literally snapped it in half and chucked it out with the rubbish. It did cost me a couple of hundred quid at the time but I was beyond fed up with it.

Associate
hmmm, if you include damaged items, probably the damaged guts of a blown racing engine. Think I've recycled a £450 phone once before too.

For "still good" stuff, not much, probably clothing which I'd grown too fat fashionable to wear, but didn't want to own up to the shame.

Was nearly gutted a few years ago when I threw out a £50 gift card, but went binn picking and managed to find it.

Man of Honour
I remember running out of patience with a DFI motherboard a decade or so back, it was just so finnicky and unstable and fussy with what components you used in it. I literally snapped it in half and chucked it out with the rubbish. It did cost me a couple of hundred quid at the time but I was beyond fed up with it.

Been there done that :( had an Asus board after like 3 RMAs and getting refurbs with the same instability I took a hammer to the latest and and binned it despite being a several 100 pound board. Sadly in a moment of weakness (wasn't many options for a G-Sync monitor at the time though) made the mistake of buying an Asus monitor later which I had a similar story - won't buy from them ever again.

DFI though was always rock solid and reliable for me.

Man of Honour
A widescreen 24" Sony CRT monitor that I took down the dump. A month later I noticed they were selling on ebay for up to £1k. I had assumed no-one wanted CRT TV's and monitors anymore and had tried unsuccessfully to sell it locally. What I hadn't appreciated was that it was a grail monitor for people massively into retro gaming. Oops.

Back
Top Bottom