This Instant And Moment - 2021!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Whoop bonus pay day. The best day of the year :D

Although it's annoying as it's Month 1, so makes it look like my salary is a lot higher so i get taxed more and then it tends to sort itself out again next month. In a way it's like a double bonus, but i'd much rather just have it all at once :p

Man of Honour
Whoop bonus pay day. The best day of the year :D

Although it's annoying as it's Month 1, so makes it look like my salary is a lot higher so i get taxed more and then it tends to sort itself out again next month. In a way it's like a double bonus, but i'd much rather just have it all at once :p

It's just an annoying getting it later in the year, mines January and I have the same problem with a couple of months of wonky tax. This year was a bit of an odd one as my yearly bonus was 26% of my base salary :p

Man of Honour
God my mother is so frustrating at times.

She's had back pain for a while and a couple of weeks ago she stupidly lifted something too heavy and made it worse. I recommended some stretches to help etc as it sounded like sciatica.
She keeps saying no to doing stuff now (I.e. going out for a gentle walk somewhere) because of her back and last weekend when we were out she came over sick. I told her she might need to book in to see the physio at the GP surgery. (Which she ignored)

Cut to today and she said her back pain has spread to her groin. I've told her she needs to go to docs as it could be a UTI/kidney infection. She's now using any excuse for it though contradicted herself saying the sciatica has gone and the pain is on the other side of her back. I've said again to get it checked out and made a point of how stubborn my dad was with not going sooner.

I get back "it's on the right side now not the left" :rolleyes: told her that she has a kidney each side so that's irrelevant. Her latest reply is she'll see how it goes

She went on and on about how my dad should have gone to doctors sooner when he was having issues and kept saying if he had maybe the cancer would have been detected sooner etc. She would constantly moan how stubborn he was and yet she's doing the exact same thing!

I've told her if it's not better by end of the week then she's got to book docs

/rant over

She might be scared of having a serious issue like her husband had, it often results in irrational behavior.

Caporegime
ordered something friday and expected it would come monday but nothing.
on Friday I got letters for my neighbours so the postmen is obviously illiterate, not the first time either

now I'm wondering if a neighbour got it and kept it.

guess the next 2 hours will tell

half tempted to give the post person a telling off for not reading the numbers on letters when he's posting stuff

oh it actually came :O

Last edited:
Don
For the first time in 20 odd years of owning a debit card I look to have been scammed. Legit looking website wasn’t legit and I’m down £520 :( What are the chances of being successful getting my money back through HSBC?

Caporegime
For the first time in 20 odd years of owning a debit card I look to have been scammed. Legit looking website wasn’t legit and I’m down £520 :( What are the chances of being successful getting my money back through HSBC?

Your bank can attempt a chargeback but this isn't a quick process and depends on there being money in the receiving account to be returned to you.

Visa, Mastercard & Amex Chargeback

Dispute a transaction

Caporegime
I successfully got a £700 payment reversed after someone got hold of my debit card details, and a £40 payment reversed when the seller turned out to be a scammer.

Natwest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom