• Series S

Votes: 104 11.7%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
So following on from the cloud post above, MS has parterned with Rainway for game streaming tech. This should fix all the blurry mess that we currently get with the game streaming while reducing latency; should also allow Game Streaming via Android TV as Rainway has a fully functioning android app for android TV. For reference, Rainway is similar to Parsec in that it can basically capture and transmit a window, application or the entire desktop to another device. I use both Rainway and PArsec for my remote Lan gaming. Looking forward to much improved image quality for local Series X streaming to a device in the house!

Man of Honour
So following on from the cloud post above, MS has parterned with Rainway for game streaming tech. This should fix all the blurry mess that we currently get with the game streaming while reducing latency; should also allow Game Streaming via Android TV as Rainway has a fully functioning android app for android TV. For reference, Rainway is similar to Parsec in that it can basically capture and transmit a window, application or the entire desktop to another device. I use both Rainway and PArsec for my remote Lan gaming. Looking forward to much improved image quality for local Series X streaming to a device in the house!

If this ends up working very well I might sell my second Xbox.

Soldato
rainway on my pc streaming to my tablet, phone, laptops or android TVs is wonderful. Easy to use, simple to setup and has great latency input as well as customisable quality (bitrate). I was hoping that MS might use an SDK from another company as the Xbox One/X implementation of streaming is really poor... Rainway was developing a PC > Xbox app to play PC games on the Xbox but it was blocked by MS and I wonder if this is the real reason why.

Soldato
Does all this streaming talk mean I'll be able to stream from my Series X to a Chromecast on the same network plugged into a different TV, how will the controller work?
Eventually yes, MS have stated that Android TV is not yet supported and I believe it is due to the way that it modifies the guide button to the Android Home button and you can't remap it.. for Chromecast I'm not sure.. depends if its the Google TV one or the classic version which is really just a 'dumb' streamer... unless it has a browser?

Soldato
Latest update for Insiders has a pretty major Quick Resume addition:

Xbox said:
Quick Resume

A much requested user-feature is being included in today’s update! Users will now have access to a new group that will show all current Quick Resume save states. Additionally, the Guide will now indicate if your actively running game supports Quick Resume.

This is something that I've wanted for a while now and I'm really glad they're adding it. Quick Resume is an amazing feature and this will make it even better.

Soldato
Eventually yes, MS have stated that Android TV is not yet supported and I believe it is due to the way that it modifies the guide button to the Android Home button and you can't remap it.. for Chromecast I'm not sure.. depends if its the Google TV one or the classic version which is really just a 'dumb' streamer... unless it has a browser?

Amazon's Fire Stick and boxes have a browser and the ability to download other browsers so I'm sure Chromecast would at least have Chrome built in. If so, the streaming will work from that as well. Exciting stuff!

Soldato
not sure this merits a new thread so will ask here.....

what are the must play games on the xbox ? I picked on eup 2 weeks ago and currently I have been playing PGA 2K1 - mainly for nostalgia reasons as I loved iger woods PGA on PS1 and Forza Horizons 4, which feels like a much better game than then Gran Turismo series.

What are the A list games that I should also be thinking about that are unique to xbox ? I have got MS gamepass if that makes any difference.

Soldato

This is something that I've wanted for a while now and I'm really glad they're adding it. Quick Resume is an amazing feature and this will make it even better.

I'm pleased about this, I was wondering why it didnt work on some games but did on others and visibility of whats going on and if a games supports it makes it easier to understand. when it works it really is a great feature.

Amazon's Fire Stick and boxes have a browser and the ability to download other browsers so I'm sure Chromecast would at least have Chrome built in. If so, the streaming will work from that as well. Exciting stuff!

Any device with a modern browser will work fine generally, as long as it recognises the controller.

Sounds good, my Xbox is on my desk plugged into my monitor so if it does end up being able to stream to a Chromecast I will be able to game on the sofa when the Mrs is out! Still more questions than answer though, how will headsets work etc

Caporegime
OP
not sure this merits a new thread so will ask here.....

what are the must play games on the xbox ? I picked on eup 2 weeks ago and currently I have been playing PGA 2K1 - mainly for nostalgia reasons as I loved iger woods PGA on PS1 and Forza Horizons 4, which feels like a much better game than then Gran Turismo series.

What are the A list games that I should also be thinking about that are unique to xbox ? I have got MS gamepass if that makes any difference.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/best-xbox-series-x-s-games-20261 for starters

Man of Honour

Great, the next steps are to let me turn it off for certain games that it breaks (anything online) and to let me turn it off completely and recover the reserved storage.

Man of Honour
Sounds like destroy all humans is coming to game pass, wondered if it would. Can’t wait. Played it briefly on PC, but refunded it as I didn’t want to pay full price at the time. Result.

Soldato
N00b alert - Does this mean we can play games on an ipad if connected to the internet? I do (well used to do) quite a bit of long haul air travel and used to game on my ipad but hated the experience. Even bought GTA Vice City but combat was awful with the touch screen so play on an old PS Vita when away which is great but a little small and fiddley for me.
How would the controls work on an ipad? Can I connect an xbox controller to it? Presume there will be no offline play.

Back
Top Bottom