What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
I also watched Love and Monsters and would agree that it was a fun little film that didn't seem to aim too high and met it's mark just right. 3/5

Soldato
All the recent talk of Love & Monsters, I rewatched with my missus lately and to save time, i'll quote my own review from October last year.

Love & Monsters - 7.5/10...love in he title is very misleading

It's a bit of a zombieland meets giant insects mash up. Asteroid comes toward earth, we send up all the rockets, destroy it, all chemicals come back down and mutate all cold blooded creatures into giant killers.

Jump 7 years to the future, an introvert decides to trek across dangerous land to get to his girlfriend from years ago in another bunker.

Lots of fun, very decent SFX...actually like it much more than Zombieland as it didn't have the hugely annoying Eisenberg.

Caporegime
Shin Godzilla

About 80% of this movie seemed to be a lot of people in large rooms sitting around tables flapping their gums. Godzilla itself was comical looking as were the effects for the most part. Japan still seems to have a raging stiffy for the rubber suit style.

Soldato
I, Tonya is a good movie. Aside from the obvious reasons, Margot Robbie is one of my favourite actors.

Yeah, I think I've only ever seen her in Z for Zachariah but was surprised to see her playing a character like Tonya Harding. She's brilliant.

Talking of brilliant, just watched

Sexy Beast. 9/10. When I saw Ben Kingsley playing a cockney gangster I wondered why they cast him but he was incredible, so intense.

JRS

JRS

Soldato
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - 10/10

Great film, responsible for some stuff that I still quote when situationally-appropriate ("Lllllike a glove!", "if I'm not back in five minutes, just wait longer!" :D).

Soldato
Ace Ventura: Pet Detective - 10/10

Great film, responsible for some stuff that I still quote when situationally-appropriate ("Lllllike a glove!", "if I'm not back in five minutes, just wait longer!" :D).

Same here, love it, watched countless times and the amount of lines I can quote from it is disturbing. 2nd isn't all that bad either tbf.

I'd like to 'ass' you a few questions :D

Associate
Started to watch the Lady Gaga film "A star is born" - didn't do any reading up prior and thought first of all it was the story of her musical career, but since learned it is a remake of quite an old film (the storyline made me think this too once we were well into it).

Need to finish it off but quite enjoying TBH.

Man of Honour
Anti-Life (known in the US as Breach)

N4Wj7fkm.jpg

Shockingly bad. Really, horribly bad. Unthinkable. Takes the Crown from Mulan (remake) for being the worst film I’ve seen in recent memory. I don’t dislike it as much as Mulan (I dislike that so much because it COULD have been so easily good) but this is objectively worse.

Nobody has charisma. The editing is all over the place. Some effects / shots were clearly cut for budget. It’s even feels a nonsense - the spaceship crew are just a bunch of utter knuckleheads.... clearly in another dimension from Gattaca.

Really horrid and sadly not even in the so bad it’s good category. Strong suggestion to avoid.

3/10 - a couple of points for the laughs it inadvertently generated.

Incidentally, it has 3/10 on IMDB.

Soldato

N4Wj7fkm.jpg

Shockingly bad. Really, horribly bad. Unthinkable. Takes the Crown from Mulan (remake) for being the worst film I’ve seen in recent memory. I don’t dislike it as much as Mulan (I dislike that so much because it COULD have been so easily good) but this is objectively worse.

Nobody has charisma. The editing is all over the place. Some effects / shots were clearly cut for budget. It’s even feels a nonsense - the spaceship crew are just a bunch of utter knuckleheads.... clearly in another dimension from Gattaca.

Really horrid and sadly not even in the so bad it’s good category. Strong suggestion to avoid.

What's with Willis doing these tiny budget sci-fi movies lately? There's another I saw was happening where WWE's Lana is one of the co-star, and they seem to have used modified Master Chief outfits as costumes.

E:
Cosmic Sin, it's called :
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_Sin

Last edited:
Soldato

N4Wj7fkm.jpg

It’s terrible, what’s Brucie boy playing at.

Caporegime
^ Even the font used in the trailer looks budget.

Finished Dead or Alive yesterday - boy what an experience. Highlight has to be one of the fighters cocking his buff arms accompanied by a gun cocking sound effect. Truly terrible but somewhat

Back
Top Bottom